What's new

Which teasers/trailers are you tired of seeing before a movie? (1 Viewer)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I just cringe whenever that stupid teaser for The Son of The Mask comes on. So obviously CGI and just plain stupid. Haven't they learned anything from Dumb and Dumberer? No Jim Carrey then nobody's gonna watch it!

Same can be said for the Torque trailer. Just another Fast and The Furiuos with bikes. Can't they make stunts with real people and real bikes anymore? Another trailer that's filled with awful and obvious CGI.

What other trailers just turn you off?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The one that starts with, "My name is blah-blah and I work as a stuntman. Some of us specialize in turning over cars or flipping them, etc., etc. We really work hard and we really want you paying theatre going Mo-fo's to stop pirating films. We know you have paid to see the movie but we are sure that somehow you are stealing it from under our noses. If you don't stop pirating films I am going to lose my job. We know that work-in-progress prints are showing up on the internet and we know that you, the theatre audience, is responsible. We don't have clue how you are responsible but, damnit, somehow its all your fault. So please stop doing whatever it is you are doing...you....you...PIRATES!!"

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
I agree, the piracy trailer and the entire campaign is getting rather annoying. I feel as if they make me feel like a villain and crook everytime I sit down to watch a film. I also hate that trailer for The Mask II...I mean it's the what the !@$% moment of 2004.

AJG

JamieD

Supporting Actor
I completely and wholeheartedly agree with you guys. I ask my local theater why they have to show that Anti-Piracy garbage on a regular basis.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
The Mask trailer is horrible! It's caused very audible groans at every screening I've seen it play at.

I'm pretty sick of The Butterfly Effect trailer. Ashton Kutcher to me causes the same reaction that many people have to Keanu Reeves - I literally start laughing just by looking at him, and when he opens his mouth to speak, I laugh even harder. Especially the line in the trailer, "Every time I go back in time to help someone, everything just goes wrong!" That said, while it makes me laugh, that doesn't mean I necessarily enjoy seeing it at every single movie I go to, and I'm very tired of it now.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
New Line has asked the trailers for MASK 2 to pulled and destroyed...

As to why they are still running is a big "?"...

Dugger

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
The trailer for Along Came Polly is the one I'm currently tired of seeing. I close my eyes every time that basketball scene comes up at the end. Ugh!

I'm also tired of the Cat in the Hat MasterCard commercial, the Lego commercial, the "I'm Delux247" CokeMusic.com commercial and the aforementioned piracy PSA.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Amen! I'm glad the movie is opening this weekend so I don't have to see the trailer again. I think they played it in front of EVERY film I've seen in the past two months, which means I've seen it 15-20 times. :thumbsdown:

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron

Granted he should be worried about his job, but not for the reasons he's stating. Computer generated special effects are replacing the stuntman more and more every day. Pretty soon, Hollywood won't even need him anymore.

As for bad trailers, I pretty much hate all the trailers narrated by the same two or three deep-voiced guys. I prefer trailers that are either narrated by the filmmaker (Hitchcock was a master at this), or not narrated at all except possibly a few segments of dialog from the main actors (the Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions teaser trailer is a good example).

The worst trailer I've ever seen was for the French version of "Return to the Blue Lagoon". The audience was laughing out loud and was even applauding sarcastically at the end of it! :D

Kami

Screenwriter
Definitely the Mask 2. Just horrible.

One trailer I have been seeing over and over again but haven't really gotten sick of is The Butterfly Effect. It's always shown before ROTK. It would be twice the trailer without Mr. Voice, but its intriguing nonetheless.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
One trailer I was really sick of at the time was the trailer for Matrix Revolutions that was attached to the end of Reloaded. A cinema here used it as their only trailer for Revolutions. I would go to the movies the week before Revolutions opened, when they had the really cool trailer with the Deus Ex Machina, and they were still playing this thing I now had on DVD. That really drove me crazy.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Totally agree re: Along Came Polly. I don't know how many times I've seen that one.

If we're talking commercials its the Levi's one with the guy lassoing the car.

I guess I'm lucky but none of the theaters I go to play the the piracy PSA.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I'm tired of seeing ALL of them. I'm paying to see the movie, not the previews (and commercials) that come before it.

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
I'm afraid, John, that I'm of the opinion that trailers and teasers are as much of moviegoing as seeing the films they advertise. Sorry you don't agree.

And indeed, that GOD-AWFUL Mask II / Son of Mask trailer. It's a "bury your head and pray it's not true", kind of moment.

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
I am absolutely sick of the Butterfly Effect trailer, and the Mask baby trailer. New Line has doomed the new Mask film with the awful trailer, and Butterfly just doesn't appeal to me. At all.

David

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member

I agree with the piracy PSA, but I like the "Delux247" comercial. It's shows how pathetic that kid really is. It gets a big laugh from the crowd every time I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks