What's new

Which SVS subwoofer would you recommend for me? (1 Viewer)

ChrisDumont

Agent
Keep in mind I have a 8' ceiling, 7' wide, 9' long room. Heres what it kinda looks like (hopefully the picture helps). I didnt have room to put where the speakers would be, and yes the door is at the foot of my bed (where I would be listening from).

(7ft wide)
___window___
|----TV---sub-|
|--------------|
|--------------| (9 ft long)
|----------desk|
|--------------|
door___bed____|

Neighbors

I would mostly be using it for HT, with maybe a little music. I live in a sort of a townhouse place only instead of 2 people its 4. So on every corner of the building is a home, and I've already have received complaints using my HTB 505 sub :D (my new sub obviously is going to be more powerful so I just wont be able to use it to its full potential until I move out). Anyways, I'm also thinking long term, since I plan to eventually move out so my future room will probably be larger than the one I have now so I'm thinking about getting something with punch. Originally I was looking at their boxed subwoofers but then saw the cylinders which look sweet (plus they say its cheaper), though recommend any SVS subwoofer which you think suits my needs, box or cylinder. Oh and its gotta have a built in amp since I dont have one (though I do plan on getting a Denon 3803 receiver, does that have an amp for the subwoofer?). So it all comes down to the basic question, which SVS subwoofer would you recommend to me and why?

And I'm just curious, which is more powerful, the 16-46PCi or the 25-31PC-Plus?

TommyL

Supporting Actor
If I were you and liked to make SURE I had enough, and then some, I'd grab the 2039 pc+ for HT...but the 2039pci would easily fill that room, and your neighbors:)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
watch the bstock list also...there is currently a 16-46 pc+ in there...(845 ctrl time.)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Chris...its basically an SVS that was returned usually because the wife didn't like the appearance as much OR they decided to upgrade to the next level and were within the 45 day grace period:) checkout www.svsubwoofers.com and click B stock...its usuablly about 50 bucks cheaper same warranty and everything...but they go quick:) tom

ChrisDumont

Agent
oooh baby, how much bass would that thing be?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
My home theater in a box crappy subwoofer got me a complaint, that beast would get me life! :p Is there such a thing that the sub is too powerful for your setup? This is what I'm thinking of:

2 Connoisseur C-9
2 C-1 bookshelf
C-C3 centre speaker
2 CR3 surround speakers

They are all energy speakers, and I would get a Denon 3803 receiver (would it be good enough for that sub?)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Well, the pc+ would be overkill if ya ask me:) you could easily get by with the pci...I'd grab the 2039 if I bought one ..more depth for HT. So, basically, if you have money to burn, pc+....or not...pci then. setup should be fine...nice receiver...man, a svs in a 500 CF room..be gentle:)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
That room is smaller than my old living room and svs recommended a 25-31pci....that is what I got but then I wanted more so I got the 25-31 PC Plus and love it. Did you email SVS yet with room dimensions and what you want out of it....:D

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
As much as I love my SVS... I would say its more important to keep the neighbors happy.

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
2 Connoisseur C-9
2 C-1 bookshelf
C-C3 centre speaker
2 CR3 surround speakers
plus an SVS in a 7x9 room!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Beleive me, I'm all for bigger is better to an extent, but that is major overkill. I'm going to venture to guess that it's not going to sound all that great either. Those C9's are pretty big and need way more room than you will be able to give them. I think any SVS would give you way more bass than you and your neighbors can handle.

-Dave

ChrisDumont

Agent
^^yeah I was thinking about that, but I'm looking into long term since I know my future room will probably be larger, though the C-9's may still be too big? What setup would you recommend, C7's?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I think any SVS would give you way more bass than you and your neighbors can handle.
Not if he turns it down. You can always calibrate an "overkill" sub down, you cannot turn an "underkill" sub up. Calibrate to reference and be secure in the knowledge you have more than enough sub for the room.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Hey Chad:) He was looking for that deeper bass for mostly HT...and I used to own a 2039...it would be a good combo.....and in that small of a room, hell...forget neighbors...hello police:) Still, planning for the future, I'd get the 2039 pc+ if I was you..then ya know you have enough for a move later, and you won't have to go thru selling on to buy another etc...tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks