What's new

which sv sub for my room? (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
dimension of the room is 2.8 x 4.5 x 11 meter ( w x h x l ).

i am considering pb12 plus or pb12 ultra. someone told me to just get the 2 woofer versions, but they are out of my price range. i live in a south east asia country, so it is HARD for me to sell this subwoofer if i decided to upgrade later...that is why i am thinking of saving my money and purchase a twin ultra sometime later.

but, given the dimension of the room, i got a feeling a single plus subwoofer should be enough. i already have a pb10isd in my living room which is has two big openings ( verrry large room ) and it does one hell of a job for such a cheap product to rattle everything. i think the fish in a small pond outside really hate it when i watch a movie.

which one is better...a single ultra or a twin plus? or perhaps a single plus will do?

so, guys, please advise. thank you.

Michael Saint

Auditioning
Email SVS directly and ask them. They're very good at responding....and quickly! I'm currently asking similar questions of them.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
oh i thought eric was busy with the new website. i didnt want to burden them with too many questions, besides i just need people's opinions.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
If you don't want to be upgrading later, I'd get either the single or dual Ultra.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's an odd room. One wall is only ~9 ft or is that the height? If you're saying 14x36, that's a big room. I'd say at least a 12/2 or a plus, but a single ultra would probably do fine too. I was talking with Eric about upgrading my PB-10 in a large room too about a week ago and he responded very quick, so go ahead and shoot them an e-mail. I put that on hold because I may be buying an Adire Tempest tube off a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks