which sv sub for my room?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by felix_suwarno, Nov 29, 2005.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

dimension of the room is 2.8 x 4.5 x 11 meter ( w x h x l ).

i am considering pb12 plus or pb12 ultra. someone told me to just get the 2 woofer versions, but they are out of my price range. i live in a south east asia country, so it is HARD for me to sell this subwoofer if i decided to upgrade later...that is why i am thinking of saving my money and purchase a twin ultra sometime later.

but, given the dimension of the room, i got a feeling a single plus subwoofer should be enough. i already have a pb10isd in my living room which is has two big openings ( verrry large room ) and it does one hell of a job for such a cheap product to rattle everything. i think the fish in a small pond outside really hate it when i watch a movie.

which one is better...a single ultra or a twin plus? or perhaps a single plus will do?

so, guys, please advise. thank you.

2. Michael Saint

Michael Saint Auditioning

Email SVS directly and ask them. They're very good at responding....and quickly! I'm currently asking similar questions of them.

3. felix_suwarno

oh i thought eric was busy with the new website. i didnt want to burden them with too many questions, besides i just need people's opinions.

4. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

If you don't want to be upgrading later, I'd get either the single or dual Ultra.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    That's an odd room. One wall is only ~9 ft or is that the height? If you're saying 14x36, that's a big room. I'd say at least a 12/2 or a plus, but a single ultra would probably do fine too. I was talking with Eric about upgrading my PB-10 in a large room too about a week ago and he responded very quick, so go ahead and shoot them an e-mail. I put that on hold because I may be buying an Adire Tempest tube off a friend.

6. felix_suwarno

i sent svs tech support an email. no reply. perhaps i sent it to the wrong department?

7. Michael Saint

Michael Saint Auditioning