What's new

Which speakers for a Yamaha RX v1400 (1 Viewer)

Nathan-C

Grip
Hello,
I just purchased a Yamaha RX v1400 and need advice on which speakers I should look at. A 7.1 setup is my goal. Also my budget is around 700.00 to 1000.00. Also the 4 surrounds need to be fairly small so they can blend in with the living room. I have read the Paradigms are a good match. What about Polks, and Boston Acoustics? Both have fairly small surround speakers.

Thanks,
Nathan

Thomas_A

Second Unit
Ive been running Polks with my Yamaha's for almost 3years now and love it. Others will tell you thats a "bright" combo... Yamaha and klipse is a very "bright" combo!

Basically..shop around and see what you like. More than likely silk tweeters will be more in align with the Yamaha.

Great unit..enjoy!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have been pleased with a Yamaha/Paradigm combination for over five years. With your budget I recommend you check out the Atoms or Titans. Happy shopping. Remember the mantra: The best speakers are the speakers that sound the best to you.

Jamie Doucette

Stunt Coordinator
I've been running Polks with my Yamaha for about 3 years as well. Great match me thinks. You shouldn't have a problem with them being bright on a RX-V1400, as I havn;t found a yamaha to be bright for the past few generations. If you do find it bright, turn the treble down. :)

Paradigm and B&W are also good matches with Yamaha. One of my personal favorite matches with Yamaha are Energy Speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks