Which speakers for a Yamaha RX v1400

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Nathan-C, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Nathan-C

Nathan-C Extra

Hello,
    I just purchased a Yamaha RX v1400 and need advice on which speakers I should look at. A 7.1 setup is my goal. Also my budget is around 700.00 to 1000.00. Also the 4 surrounds need to be fairly small so they can blend in with the living room. I have read the Paradigms are a good match. What about Polks, and Boston Acoustics? Both have fairly small surround speakers.

Thanks,
    Nathan

2. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

Ive been running Polks with my Yamaha's for almost 3years now and love it. Others will tell you thats a "bright" combo... Yamaha and klipse is a very "bright" combo!

Basically..shop around and see what you like. More than likely silk tweeters will be more in align with the Yamaha.

Great unit..enjoy!

3. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I have been pleased with a Yamaha/Paradigm combination for over five years. With your budget I recommend you check out the Atoms or Titans. Happy shopping. Remember the mantra: The best speakers are the speakers that sound the best to you.

4. Jamie Doucette

Jamie Doucette Stunt Coordinator

I've been running Polks with my Yamaha for about 3 years as well. Great match me thinks. You shouldn't have a problem with them being bright on a RX-V1400, as I havn;t found a yamaha to be bright for the past few generations. If you do find it bright, turn the treble down. [​IMG]

Paradigm and B&W are also good matches with Yamaha. One of my personal favorite matches with Yamaha are Energy Speakers.