What's new

Fs: Yamaha Rx-v1400 Receiver (1 Viewer)

PeteyM

Auditioning
Hi Guys-

Time has come for me to part with my Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver. It has been replaced with the big JVC RX-DP20VBK THX Ultra2 model which I got for a steal. It will be 2 years old in December of this year.

It is in EXCELLENT condition with all accessories and manual and in it's original box with all packing material. I have good digital photos of it which I can email upon request.

Here is the feature list pasted from Yamaha's website:

RX-V1400 Features

High power 7-channel* discrete amplifier configuration (110W x 7RMS/FTC)
Digital ToP-ART and High Current Amplification
Direct Stereo mode for high quality 2-channel sound reproduction
Accurate touch digitally regulated volume control governs all channels
Audio Delay for adjusting lip-synch
Finest parts used throughout for high sound quality
New 32-bit Yamaha LSI (YSS-930) for CINEMA DSP processing
Compatibility with latest movie sound formats including Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, DTS Neo:6and DTS 96/24
THX Select processing
27 surround programs (47 variations) with SILENT CINEMA and Night Listening mode
Component video up conversion:S-video/composite signal conversion to component video signal
YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer)
Extensive inputs/outputs for custom installation (Zone 2, Zone 3and speaker A/B selection)
9-channel speaker outputs:Automatic presence speaker or Zone 2 speaker selection

I'm asking $300 which INCLUDES UPS Ground shipping anwhere in the lower 48. It weighs about 36 pounds and will be double boxed so it'll probably cost around $35-$40 for me to ship UPS.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or email me directly at [email protected]

Looking to move it ASAP!

Thanks!

Pete

ETA: NO Paypal Please. MO only. Thanks!! :)

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
E-mail sent.

Do you have references, feedback from some other boards? Just checking as you are new to the board. Thanks!

PeteyM

Auditioning
Hi Dorian-

You know I really don't have much feedback since I don't do much selling or buying online. I never had an Ebay account or anything. All I do have is one "+1" from AR15.com when I sold some gunsmithing tools. My username there was AR-M9. I tried to post the direct link but I'm too new here so it won't allow me! If you go to ar15.com and into the "Equipment Exchange", you'll see a "Feedback A-I" thread where you'll see it listed.

I know it's not much but that's all I have to offer! And my word of course! :)

I'm at work now and web-based email sites are blocked so I'll respond to your email when I get home this evening.

Thanks-

PeteM :)

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Thanks Mikey.

Also anyone reading maybe you can offer some advice to PeteyM as far as common practice for payment goes.

My thought was to use pay-pal as it is protection for us both. Petey has never used pay-pal and rightly so, may be hesitant. I have tried to reassure Petey this is the best and safest way to do a transaction. I have funds in my pay-pal account and am a premier verified account holder. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Petey:

Another aspect that Dorian has is he's been a member here for awhile....and very active buyer and seller in the classifieds area. If someone ends up as a bad trader, they would be banned pretty quickly from this area and the forum. The owenership and mods wouldn't allow it.

Paypal allows some protection for both parties.

Ron

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I would actually make the other person send 1st if I had Db's track record.

I am in Passaic Cty, West Paterson.

Def use Paypal, amybe even the escrow service in this case.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Exactly. I have been pretty fortunate. I have the pay-pal credit card and buyer credit for added protection. At least on e-bay purchases they do gurantee for deals gone wrong. credit cards can be helpful as they have the charge back option for bad deals as well.

PeteyM

Auditioning
I understand some of you may want to use Paypal to purchase. Unfortunately, I don't accept Paypal and prefer not to sign up for only one transaction, then have to cancel. (Which I hear is difficult)

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause some of you.

Again I do have pix available upon request. PM or email [email protected]. I'll be happy to send pix or any other information you may need.

Thanks-

Pete :)

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
No offense, but I would not send you a MO before I had the receiver in my hands.
If it were someone with the feedback and rep of DB, then I probably would (altho that is a risk too), but to send a MO to someone with ZERO feedback or rep, no way!

PeteyM

Auditioning
No offense taken. I understand that Mikey. Being that you're literally about 8 miles away from me, perhaps you can verify that this is a legit offer and help your friend Dorian obtain a new receiver. Why don't you accept the MO from Dorian, and we can meet up and exchange the receiver for the $$? I'll give you the shipping money and its in your hands....

Just a thought.

Pete

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Thanks for the offer! That is too getting complicated. Not to mention I have the $ sitting in my pay-pal account. I am currently looking at several receivers. You are offering a good receiver at a decent price but I am also looking at several receivers like the Piooneer 52tx,9100tx,1015, couple Sony ES receivers, Denon 2105, etc. Can't make up my mind...

Raj_asaurus

Stunt Coordinator
Paypal is about the easiest thing to setup and or cancel. Whoever told ou its hard is wrong. Id imagine it would only be difficult if you had your account frozen bc of some sort of fraudulent/weird activity.

GO PAYPAL. I'm a fan :D

PeteyM

Auditioning
wwwDOTpaypalsucksDOTcom

Thats all I had to read or else DB just might have had a Yamaha 1400... All those people can't be wrong.

I may have it sold locally. If the deal falls thru, I'll put it back up.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks