What's new

Which one for the money? (1 Viewer)

Jared W V

Auditioning
I'm new to this forum so hello. I'm thinking of buying a new receiver and would like some help. From what I've read most people like the receiver they have so to me it comes down to price. I'm trying to decide on the following:
Denon 5803 for $2900US
Denon 4802 for $1933US
Yamaha RX-V3200 for 1468US (demo)
Yamaha DSP-AX1 for $2130US
The Denon 5803 seems great but is it $970.00 better than the 4802? Will I easily hear the difference? (Haven't had the chance to hear any of them and may not be able to.) Is the Yamaha RX-V3200 the best buy for the money? Any friendly input would be appreciated.
FYI, I don't own any HT stuff and I will only be adding one DVD player, one MD player and Paradigm speakers (Monitors or Studios). Finally, I live overseas and can't buy anything from NA.
Thanks,
Jared ;)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
How about adding to the confusion by considering the Pioneer Elite 49TX as well?

Richard Gray

Stunt Coordinator
Question...What are your considerations...size of the room...intended use (HT -vs- Music use...and what kind of music/movies do you like?

Jared W V

Auditioning
I only chose the receivers above because they are the only ones I can get and I haven't found a Poineer dealer. Plus, I'm more interested in the most bang-for-the-buck. All of the top-of-the-line receivers are great but are they worth the extra money compared to the model below? When paying a thousand more dollars for a top-of-the-line receiver is one buying a thousand more dollars of sound? B+W are great but are they the most bang-for-the-buck?
As for considerations; the room is about 15x15 feet with a high ceiling; however, I move about every two years so it'll always be changing but always small. Music quality is more important than movies to me. I listen to mostly to alternative, techo and classical music but never to country, western, R&B, hip-hop, and top-ten.
Thanks,
Jared :)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Can you get Rotel locally? If so your in the ball park of the Rotel 1066 pre amp and a seperate power amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks