What's new

Which of these two setups would you prefer? (1 Viewer)

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I'm trying to design a budget HT for my parents, and I mean budget! Right now there is only a dvd player and TV. What I'm looking for help on is the choice of 5 speakers. I can get both sets for the same price(350 not including the sub). Which would you go for?

Choice A:

Front: JBL N26

Center: JBL N Center

Surround: JBL N24

Sub: not sure, thinking of Audiosource SW-15

Choice B:

Front: Cambridge Soundworks Model Six

Center: Cambridge Soundworks CenterStage

Surround: Cambridge Soundworks Surround 5.1

Sub: not sure, thinking of Audiosouce SW-15

It will be used 95%HT/5%Music. Any input would be appreciated, suggestions for any other 5 speakers around the $350 price range would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Frank

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Choice A:
Front: JBL N26
Center: JBL N Center
Surround: JBL N24
Sub: not sure, thinking of Audiosource SW-15
For more JBL INFO & Reviews w/links, see my webpage Why you should add JBL "N" & "S" Series to your audition list!
NOTE: Because my website is 'free', hosted by GeoCities, if too many HT enthusiasts visit, GeoCities will shut it down for an hour or so because it exceeded the specified 'freebie' Data Transfer Rate. Sorry about that, just bookmark it and visit my site an hour later or when everyone has gone to bed!
Phil

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Thanks, your site is exactly what peaked my interest in the JBL's I mentioned. I went to my local Best Buy today, but their JBL setup wasn't working. I'll try a different one tomorrow.

I remember hearing the CS Model Six's a few years ago, but now they aren't sold through stores like BB anymore. I just remembered thinking they were incredible for the price which was $200/pr back then. You can pick them up refurb'd on ebay(seller: hifi.com) for $92 plus S&H. The only reason I'm second guessing myself is because it has been quite a while since I heard the speakers and I think my idea of what sounds good has changed now(I thought Bose was good back then to give you an idea of what I mean).

Frank

Ash

Auditioning
Hi, I bought the JBL Simply Cinema Series (SCS-135). It's a good package includinng a Subwoofer and matched centres+surrounds. May be worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks