What's new

Which is worse, Master of Disguise or Pluto Nash (1 Viewer)

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I just rented MOD last night and was horrified as to how bad this flick was. It was around 50 min. before my first laugh and that was more of a "I can't beleive this" kinda laugh after the 3rd time Brent Spiner did the laughing fart joke. I didn't even finish watching it. So before I throw anymore $ away can I expect Pluto Nash to be similar?:thumbsdown:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
first laugh 50 minutes in?

the movie was over 15 minutes later so i guess that was your only laaugh.

i saw this too. free rental.

it was the worst movie i ever saw.

i new it would be bad. but not that bad.

i work at a video store and i beg people not to rent it.

other then about 3 good impersinations(ugh sp) by carvey. they were good but not funny.

there was nothing worthwhile about this movie.

65 minutes long then 15 minutes of credits.
over the credits we get to see more not funny scenes deleted from the movie. and as a bonus, durring this we also get out takes and flubs.

what a waste.

carvey should apoligize for this piece of mud.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
We had to get a G rated film that night, I knew from reviews that it wasn't going to be very good but i had no idea...............

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Poor Dana Carvey. The man is immensely talented. I am a huge fan of his. I think he is much funnier than Mike Myers given the correct project. Check out his HBO special from a about six or seven years ago to find out how funny this guy truly is. His ill-fated prime time show was extremely funny also, even though it only lasted like four episodes. Every time he was on Dennis Miller Live he was great.

However, is films are simply dreadful. I don't think he excells at childrens films in particular. His unique skills are difficult to put to great use in a film situation. He thrives in stand up and sketch comedy. He should have a comedy show on HBO, or even Comedy Central. I bet he would kill the competition in this type of setting.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Can anything really be worse than "Kung-Pow Enter the Fist" THAT was truely HORRID!
Thank you! I thought I was the only one. I so wanted to like this movie too but I couldn't. I fell asleep about half way through it. I hate movies where I'm just waiting laugh.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
We had to get a G rated film that night, I knew from reviews that it wasn't going to be very good but i had no idea...............
Neither of those is G-rated anyway. Pluto Nash is PG-13 like everything else. Master of Disguise is PG.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Kung Pow was hilarious for the first 30 minutes! You guys are crazy. :P (It is, of course, not for everyone. Hee hee.)

I didn't see MOD, but I did see Pluto Nash. It's a curious piece. It's not really funny, although it has some funny bits. The interesting thing is that someone (I'm guessing the original writer and the production designer) put a lot of thought into creating the world of the movie--the SCIENCE FICTION of the movie is very good. If they'd done it as a straight action-thriller, it probably could have been really good. (It even has a neat twist at the end.)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Carvey is still a funny man.

Murphy is surely NOT.
Carvey never floated my boat much - he always tried way too hard to be Mr. Funnyguy. I can't think of a single genuinely satisfying performance from him. Murphy, on the other hand, has produced quite a few solid flicks. Granted, his dogs REALLY stink, but I'd take his body of work over Carvey's any day...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks