What's new

Which is funnier to watch on a date: Freddy GF or Jackass? (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
If you ever want your date to speak to you again, I'd reccomend looking elsewhere for entertainment.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Both of those are typically male humor, women don't tend to like gross out humor. I'd reccomend an entirely different approach.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Pretty sure, even if you're homosexual and are going with another guy, these are not movies that will endear you to your date. Maybe you can burn "relationship points" to go, but you'll be making it up later.

Why not watch a good movie? Tons out in theaters now:

LOTR: TT
HP: COS
Catch me if you Can
Gangs of New York

Recent disc releases include BTTF, Minority Report, LORT: FOTR EE, and so much more, if you're renting or buying for a date on the couch.

But honestly, think some. Dating to Jackass is a great way to be in the next episode of the show, pretty sure.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Pretty sure, even if you're homosexual and are going with another guy, these are not movies that will endear you to your date.
For the life of me, I can't see what relevance that has to the topic at hand.

I haven't seen FGF but I loved Jackass. So did my wife, although she might not admit it in public. If your date appreciates that type of humor and hasn't seen it, go for it. Our first movie together was A Scarlett Letter. That was painful!

Ryan Jameson

Stunt Coordinator
I suppose if your date is into that sort of film, then go for it.

To really score points, I would suggest Amelie.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
For the life of me, I can't see what relevance that has to the topic at hand.
I think David's comment about the hypothetical homosexual couple was in response to Chad saying that Jackass and FGF are typical "male" humor. I think David was implying that even if BOTH the people on the date were male, neither of those films is really a "date" flick. I tend to agree.
Unless, you know, the date's been imposed on you and you wanna make sure he/she never speaks to you again ;)

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Good lord man! If you want to SCORE points (ahem), stay home and impress her with your enormous (HT) equipment by showing a chick flick like any of the Jane Austen movies or something from Merchant-Ivory or anything with Hugh Grant. Worse comes to worse show Casablanca. In either event be sure when it's over to tell her how much you admire the male lead for being so honest and sweet at the end and how wonderful the female lead was for loving such a moron in spite of himself.
Mercenary but true.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I personally don't know too many girls that would want a second date if these were your movie choices.....

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The coices of movies suggests that he must be trying to strain the relationship to see if it survives. Kind of a "if it survives this, it will survive anything".

Jackass is the funnier movie, although I can't see it appealing to all but the smallest fraction of the female population.

FGF appeals to only a small percentage of Green's fans, so unless she is one of them, stay far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks