What's new

Which cables to run to PJ (1 Viewer)

Bob_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,

I am currently adding on a family room to our house. I plan on using a front projector and have a few questions?

1) What would you recommend I run for video cables to the pj? Component, Svideo and what about DVI? I will have power for the projector.

2) What about patch panels to terminate the wires? Do most people set these up or go with a straight through connection? What is a good source for patch panels if in use?

3) I would like to use an Electric screen. Can I find a decent 16x9 electric screen < $1K. If yes, who is a good (WEB page) supplier? I know about the trigger and power for the screen.

4) Does the Outlaw 950 work good for component switching?

5) Lastly, how about projectors. I would like a 16x9 native, LCD with a decent video processor for standard cable. I would like to stay at the bottom of line. I would rather look forward to an upgrade every year on the pj. I would need about a 14.5' throw.

Thanks for your help and advise.

Bob

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I would run DVI, s-video, and run RGB, you'll likely not need it if you stick with digital projectors, but you can use three of the wires for component, or run a separate run of component.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
1. I'd run as many wires as I could to the projector, and use a 3" conduit for future wiring. DVI, HDMI, VGA, 5 RG6 cables, and a 16 or 18 gauge speaker cable (for 12v trigger) would be a minimum though.

2. Straight through, definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks