What's new

Theater Pics! (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys,

Unfortunately, these aren't the greatest shots. I had a friend come over a couple of weeks ago and take some flix for insurance purposes but only half of them turned out...

Since you guys really played a key hand in helping me chose and select all of my components and getting me setup, I figured the least I should do is post a couple of pics to show how it all turned out.

I had some screen captions and some shots of the component rack in my hall closet but they didn't turn out, or my friend just decided not to send them to me for whatever reason. Who knows? It took him weeks of emails to get these! I'm gonna take some more pictures is the next few weeks just to have for insurance anyways. Since we took photos of the entire condo, the focus isn't entirely on the HT here. But you still get a pretty good idea.

The room (and condo) is not nearly finnished, though a lot has been added since these photos.

Anyways, my humble theater...

As you can see I've got a Stewart Firehawk Luxus Deluxe filmscreen, 100".

The projector mounted on the ceiling is a Digital Projection iVision HDX and if you notice the exposed ducts and piping on the ceiling (has that sleak lofty industrial look), we actually ran all the wiring and cables through those from a component rack I had built into the closet that you can see in the first picture, in the hallway to the far left.

I had electricians come in and install some of the piping along the ceiling that wasn't previously there and than it was quite an ordeal to pass the cables through and get everything properly setup! Once I had all the equipment and hardware, it took almost a full week just to get everything setup!

Cables I'm running are HDMI and it's all passed through a Key Digital HD Leeza scaler and being output at a 1:1 ratio and than upconverted to 720p.

The in-wall speakers you see are 8" Speakercraft MT 5.1 surrounds. I have two more channels into the diningroom for music listening only.

Amps are Arcam P7 FMJ Power Amp & FMJ AV8 7.1 Processor.

Video source is the Pioneer Elite 59-AVi chipset modded universal player.

The only thing that's missing is the sub and I should be getting that by early March, when I recover slightly from all the cost damage! I'm looking at the B&W ASW 850.

Also, one other thing to note is the projector now rests on a mechanical arm which is remote wired to lower itself and retract back into the ceiling whenever watching movies.

I did this because it was initially mounted too high and I was using keystone functions to compensate for the geometry which was rendering really ugly video effects!

In order to offset the picture and keep everything level, I would have had to have brought the pj down a couple of feet and as you can see, there is a very large floor-to-ceiling window behind it which leads to a wraparound balcony (extending in an L-shape to both windows seen in the picture). It would have caused too many problems to keep it hanging down that low so I recently ordered and had the arm mounted and installed which simplifies everything.

I guess that's basically it... light control isn't the greatest given that it's integrated into my livingroom but I live in a smaller condo and didn't have much choice. Luckily the pj is pretty bright and I rarely watch movies during the day time. I probably should have gone with blackout blinds also, but I thought these looked a lot better so that's another small sacrifice I took for aesthetics.

Anyways, what do you guys think?

PS - Here's the DVD storage (part of it anyways -- I keep the tv shows in a cabinet in a seperate room). Coincidentally those pics didn't turn out either...

:)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Owen!

I love the wood floors too but they're a lot more maintenance than I expected. It was so frustrating with all the renovations and work going on when I first moved in, every morning I'd come in and find new knicks and scratches. The trouble with dark stained floors I guess. Also with my cat, I find myself vacuuming the condo at least twice a day! As much as I love the look, I almost miss the white carpets in my old apartment...

Anyways, I'm gonna try to post more pics as soon as I get my hands on a digital camera.

Also, it's about time for me to start rearranging those cabinets with all the recent holiday spendings... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks