What's new

Where to pick up a Marantz 8200 for $1200? (1 Viewer)

Joe

Stunt Coordinator
I read that some people have been purchasing the 8200 for $1200 or less. Where did you find it? Thanks.

Luis M

Second Unit
$1299.00? That's expensive for a refurbed 8200, I got mine for $999.00 there some months ago. But I noticed the unit they have for sale is a demo.

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
I just got a new 8200 a few weeks ago at a local shop here in Pittsburgh for $1250. I've found that if you can find a decent place that has them in stock, you can get a good price. It's a bit tougher when they have to order them (which is often the case with the 8200).

Chris

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Is the price for the Marantz SR7300 at acousticsoundesign.com right??? $699???

I thought they were supposed to be around $1k...

And since when are they an authorized online dealer?

Steve_Corrick

Stunt Coordinator
Probably not an authorized dealer, But indicate that they will back the mfr.'s wty for the full duration on all item's that they carry. Hopefully if there are any problems they will crop up in the initial exchange time window.
I thought the price sounded pretty good. I have a SR-7300 on order, But they are not in stock just yet. Somtime around the 10th 0f Nov. per e-mail from ASD. I also purchased Polk Lsi-9's at $660 shipped -vs- aprox. $1100 shipped from an authorized Polk dealer.

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
I admit it does sound good...just don't have anything to compare it to. Does anybody else have theses yet? Price comparison?

I'm trying to figure out if I should jump on this or spend the extra couple bucks on an SR8200j. It's tempting to save a few hundred...hmmm.

Any feedback?

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
Admittedly, it may not be a fair comparison, but I upgraded from an SR7000 to an 8200 and the difference is quite noticeable. I found the extra wattage headroom and higher quality DACs to make both music and movies sound noticeably better. You also get better build quality, probably a better power supply, and less chance of the "first run bugs" like the 7200 had. Unfortunately, I think Marantz exaggerates their wattage, and it seemed like my 100wpc 7000 just didn't have enough headroom for my tastes. But I won't give up their amazing 2 channel stereo performance, so I will probably be a Marantz guy for a long time. For what it's worth, the 8200 is also software upgradeable, so hopefully is more "future-proof", though who knows how much they'll support it.

Chris

DavidVTHokie

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a refurb one at accessories4less.com (Marantz authorized internet retailer) for $999. I'm thrilled with it. Their supply comes and goes. They seemed to get a batch about every week, but I haven't kept up with that since I got mine.

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
$999 doesn't sound too bad.

Anyone have any input on an A/B comparison between the 7300 and 8200...in other words what is the extra $300 going to buy me?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks