What's new

Where to order City of God? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I tried ordering City of God from Layoyo last week , which listed 3-4 days to obtain from the supplier. I received an email today informing me my order had been cancelled since it was out of stock.

Where can I order this movie with an anamorphic transfer?

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin Grey:
Notice that the edition Prentice links to is Letterboxed. It´s not anamorphic which is very sad. It´s a great looking set.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I ordered mine a couple of months ago from :

http://www.dvdasian.com

This is a dealer located in California.

My "City of God" is Region 3, anamorphic wide, uncut version
with dts and DD5.1. It is in Portugese with optional English or Chinese subs.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately it looks like DVD Asian no longer has it- it doesn't come up when I do a search for it.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
the following Hong Kong dealer still lists it:

http://www.dddhouse.com

This is another dealer that I have ordered several times per year for past 4-5 years. I have found them very dependable.

They have it for $ 75 HKD (about $ 10 USD). This appears by the specs and cover art to be the same disc that I have.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Roger, I just tried dddhouse and the order went through so hopefully I will receive it this time. Thanks for the help!

Tanja

Agent
i can recommend this dvd set with 2 dvd´s (80min documentary etc.). but it has no english subs though (and only german and portuguese sound) .... quality is really good.at least i couldn´t complain when i watched one of the beste movies of the last 10 years.

in my sig there´s a link to the profiler. the dvd can be found under 176... sorry can´t post link as i´m a new member

and doesn´t cost that much. 17€ at amazon.de

Justin Spike

Agent
I got the same message at Layoyo, and they cancelled my order after three days too, but they still had the special T-shirt/DVD collector's package in stock, so I ordered that instead. It was about $12 (U.S.) more than the DVD alone, but I got it really quickly in the mail - less than a week with the standard air mail option.

If you don't mind dropping the extra cash, go back to Layoyo and do a search for City of God, and you should see the package I'm talking about. The DVD is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks