What's new

Where to find old Peter and the Wolf on vinyl? (1 Viewer)

Ernest Aguayo

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone...

I was hoping someone with some knowledge/interest in vintage vinyl could help me out here.

I don't really know much about this subject at all and yet I want to track down an old(?) recording of Peter and the Wolf on vinyl. All I know is it's hard to find and that it's narrated by Peter "Houston-off" (not sure how to spell it so that's how I think you kinda pronounce it) and it has the traditional instumental representations of the characters too.

It's for a Christmas present for someone so I'd really like to come through on this one.

Do you have any info on this recording, know how to spell "Houston-off", or know of some reputable online dealers of vintage vinyl that might carry a copy in great condition?

Thanks, everyone!

Ernest

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I believe that I've heard this version when I was a child. I think my parents had it. Probably long gone but I'll try to remember to look for it over Thanksgiving.

A long shot at best.

Nicole P

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Ernest,

The recording won the 1959 Grammy for Best Recording for Children.

It was on the Angel label with Peter Ustinov narrating and Herbert Von Karajan conducting the Philharmonia Orchestra.

Sadly it disappeared from the catalogue and was not issued on silver disc, but if you do a search for the details above, you might find an online vinyl dealer who could sell you a second hand copy.

Best wishes for your search,

Nicole P.

Ernest Aguayo

Stunt Coordinator
Using that info, I FOUND IT ONLINE! woohoo!!!

Thanks for the help, Nicole and Phil!!! HTF rules!!!

Ernest

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Just scanning the thread title, I thought this was about Fay Dunaway's old boyfriend in the J. Geil's Band. My reading comprehension must be way down.

Glad you found your vinyl.

Jim

Nicole P

Stunt Coordinator
Ernest,

My pleasure! I so glad you could find it. Hope it arrives in time.

Cheers,

Nicole P.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks