1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy PAL movies?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Norm, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Norm

Norm Cinematographer

Norm
    Where's a good place to buy new or used PAL movies?

2. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...ahh... in Europe (R2) ... or in Australia (R4)...
    . . . [​IMG] . . .

3. Dave Anderson

Dave Anderson Second Unit

For R2 PAL, I highly recommend Black Star. Reasonable prices and shipping, very good customer service.

4. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

5. Tomoko Noguchi

Tomoko Noguchi Second Unit

6. Chad B.

Chad B. Second Unit

(What Hendrik said [​IMG] )
    Bensons World & EzyDVD are outstanding etailers! [​IMG]

7. Tom B. Stones

Tom B. Stones Stunt Coordinator

In the UK, I cannot fault Bensons, mentioned above. As indicated, they will send DVDs anywhere in the world without adding a shipping charge to the item's price (which tends to be reasonable to good).
    Two British online retailers with lower prices and a similar no-shipping-charge policy (and most reliable service in my regular experience) are www.play.com and www.splashdvd.com . However, I believe that one or both will not ship worldwide.
    As for Australia, I would personally strongly advise against DVD Crave (mentioned above). IMO, their customer service has gone from adequate to utterly awful. Their prices are also on the high side. I put a lot of money their way in the past, but I will never shop their again.
    For R4, have a look at www.devoteddvd.com.au . There, the prices alone win hands down, and the customer service is also most satisfactory.
    I have also used Ezy DVD (mentioned above) on occasion, but not since I discovered Devoted. Exy's CS is good but Devoted beats their prices.
    BTW, a bonus in terms of shopping online in Australia from abroad is that the country's "GST" tax is deducted from the prices. For a rough estimate, knock off 9%. [​IMG]
    Hope this helps.

8. Tomoko Noguchi

Tomoko Noguchi Second Unit

Now for another side to the dvdcrave and dvddevoted story. I ordered from both places and found dvddevoted to be bad when it came to ordering and getting my disc. Took them over 2 weeks for the disc to get to Japan while dvdcrave got a disc to me in less than a week.

9. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Norm: I have some PAL (R2 UK) movies new and used (Hong Kong Legends DVDs, Horror DVDs (Euro) and even Predator R2-6 (2-Disc set). Let me know what you are looking for.

Chris