What's new

Where to buy PAL movies? (1 Viewer)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Where's a good place to buy new or used PAL movies?

Tom B. Stones

Stunt Coordinator
In the UK, I cannot fault Bensons, mentioned above. As indicated, they will send DVDs anywhere in the world without adding a shipping charge to the item's price (which tends to be reasonable to good).
Two British online retailers with lower prices and a similar no-shipping-charge policy (and most reliable service in my regular experience) are www.play.com and www.splashdvd.com . However, I believe that one or both will not ship worldwide.
As for Australia, I would personally strongly advise against DVD Crave (mentioned above). IMO, their customer service has gone from adequate to utterly awful. Their prices are also on the high side. I put a lot of money their way in the past, but I will never shop their again.
For R4, have a look at www.devoteddvd.com.au . There, the prices alone win hands down, and the customer service is also most satisfactory.
I have also used Ezy DVD (mentioned above) on occasion, but not since I discovered Devoted. Exy's CS is good but Devoted beats their prices.
BTW, a bonus in terms of shopping online in Australia from abroad is that the country's "GST" tax is deducted from the prices. For a rough estimate, knock off 9%. :)
Hope this helps.

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
Now for another side to the dvdcrave and dvddevoted story. I ordered from both places and found dvddevoted to be bad when it came to ordering and getting my disc. Took them over 2 weeks for the disc to get to Japan while dvdcrave got a disc to me in less than a week.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Norm: I have some PAL (R2 UK) movies new and used (Hong Kong Legends DVDs, Horror DVDs (Euro) and even Predator R2-6 (2-Disc set). Let me know what you are looking for.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks