Where to buy Cheap DVD+R Discs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Dec 25, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

FujiFil has a 25 Pack of DVD+R's. Managed to save up and buy one yesterday with a gift card, but at $70's, that's a bit too steep. If I'm going to convert everything I have on tape to DVD, I'm going to need at least two 25 packs to do it. Some will be high quality, some low quality stuff, hence the amount of discs..

Anyone know a place that sells the same Pack of DVD + R's for around, say, 50 or so?

2. Chris Beveridge

Chris Beveridge Second Unit

You might want to try looking bulk; www.americal.com is good, though I've only bought DVD-R's from them so far, but very good prices on those.

3. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hmm, why am I wary of something that costs 65$'s at Best Buy(Verbatim 25 pack), yet $10's(Verbatim 20 pack) at this store.

Definetly a good deal, I just wonder how reliable these things are...

5. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

don't worry, BestBuy, FutureShop, and other stores alike are gouging the customers.

For example, the US 84cent Princo I buy from atdiscount is the exact same Princo being sold at US$15 apiece at FutureShop.

6. Jerry Ferguson

Try
    Allmedia Outlet
    I've had great success with their discs. You can get a 100 piece spindle pack of 2x generic discs for about $70. When I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, shipping was free as well. Haven't burned a coaster yet.
    edit: Oops, my bad. That's for DVD-R. The DVD+R discs are as low as $1.74 each. Here's the link to the Ritek discs:
    DVD+R Discs