What's new

Where the hell is Firefox!!!!! (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
You must ask for it in Russian. ;)
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I too hope it comes out.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Firefox? That movie about the super-duper jet with Clint Eastwood and a plot the size of a gnat? Man, that movie sucks... but it's super cool too. :emoji_thumbsup: :D I'd buy one. :)
Okay, I guess I better 'splain myself before somebody gets hurt. I just mean that the story is incredibly simple, but the action more than makes up for it. Very intense movie. I wonder if a 5.1 audio or a DTS track would be possible? If so, this could really rock.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i want a firefox remake with brad pitt or somebody younger in it. the firefox itself looked fake, so i want a cg upgrade.

i like clint eastwood, i always try to see all of his movies, but the more i do that the more i see cowboy everytime i see him.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
You must ask for it in Russian
You just got your wish granted (but you have to properly set your browser's encoding to see it right): Ýòîò ôèëüì îáÿçàòåëüíî íàäî âûïóñòèòü íà DVD!
Sorry, couldn't resist either :D

Beau

Supporting Actor
I always thought that they should have made Firefox Down into a movie too. It was better than the first book. But I'm also EAGERLY awiting the Firefox DVD.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I just got the laser off someone at Ebay and the 2nd side was laser rotted :frowning:. Oh well, it'll have to tide me over till Warner gets off its butt and puts it out on DVD.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I thought we were discussing the movie where Angelina shows her Jolies.

Never mind that's "Foxfire." :b

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
I'd buy a copy of Firefox on dvd. And I definitely want the version with Clint Eastwood - not some re-make with Brad Pitt or whomever.:)

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
You can see it every once in a while on one of the classic movie channels. Picture quality isn't great, but it is OAR and a whole lot better than VHS.

"He did it. Damned if he didn't actually do it."

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I believe "Firefox" is a crappy movie with Nic Cage and Tommy Lee Jones. Think Top Gun with Apache helicopters
staple of late night TV :)

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Terrible movie, but you can count me in, too. Some interesting ideas - and given the shape of some of the stealth planes, sharp edges that look like they couldn't possibly fly... are sort of interesting.

Clint acted the proverbial wooden block in this movie, but for some reason, I still want to see it.

Mike

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I actually thought it was a damn good spy/thriller movie. I think everyone gets too wrapped up in the damn plane, expecting 90 minutes of stunt flying with that plane.

O'well, Clint's predictable as a cowboy in all his films, and I like that.

Brad Pitt and a CG airplane, oh jeez. The CG airplane would probably look worse than the model in the movie. CG has gotten sloppy, take a look at E.T. and Star Wars, you can totally tell you're watching CG.

Bring back the models and puppets!

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
come on. who could tell they were watching cg in jurrasic park? who could differentiate which is cg, which is puppet?

but brad pitt in a plane...that was a joke.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
come on. who could tell they were watching cg in jurrasic park? who could differentiate which is cg, which is puppet?
Well, I could. However, Jurassic Park is still one of the best looking uses of CG and puppets (models, whatever).

I didn't say all CG looked bad, just that often times it's painfully obvious and stands out like edge enhancement or the 'chroma bug'. I think directors rely too much on it, and it shows. When CG blends in well, you don't notice that its CG initially.

I'm not the only one that feels this way, look at the complaints about E.T. (the facial expressions the CG character emits).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks