What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
After an auspicious start to his directing career – his first two efforts Star in the Night and Hitler Lives (both 1945, both short films) won Oscars – Don Siegel went from being a montage editor to being a solid director of many different genres and films. His most notable efforts from the 1950’s – his first decade as a full-time director – include Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956), The Duel at Silver Creek (1952), Riot in Cell Block 11 (1954), The Lineup (1958) and Edge of Eternity (1959). At the start of the 1960’s, Siegel worked with Elvis Presley on the western Flaming Star (1960), then followed that up with the WWII picture Hell is for Heroes. Previously released on DVD by Paramount, Kino has licensed the movie for its Blu-ray debut.

Hell Is for Heroes (1962)

Released: 26 Jun 1962
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 90 min...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for your fine review. I have long been a fan of this movie since back in the 1960s. I think McQueen gives one of his best performances. I'm very happy with this BD release as I previously own it on cassette, DVD and even HD digital before this Blu-ray.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
Thank you for your fine review. I have long been a fan of this movie since back in the 1960s. I think McQueen gives one of his best performances. I'm very happy with this BD release as I previously own it on cassette, DVD and even HD digital before this Blu-ray.
Thank you. Can't wait for this title. Typical terse and direct Siegel direction. A bad ass film and McQueen is great. Stoic. Lots of Demons. Sadly the Bob Newhart stuff could be edited out with zero impact to the main narrative.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I remember watching a TV interview with Don Siegel a couple of years after the commercial success of Dirty Harry had made him a top director. Talking about Steve McQueen, he said There's no question he's a tough nut . . . . and nut is the word!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks