What's new

Where is "Hill Street Blues" & "St Elsewhere"???!!! (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Now all I need is for "St Elsewhere" to be announced & I'll be a happy camper! :D :D
Up until this point I got so incredibly angry :angry: :angry: whenever I was in a store that sold DVDs & saw all those TV DVDs & there was no "Hill Street Blues" & no "St Elsewhere".

Derek K.

Stunt Coordinator
William Daniels was great on SE.

It was cring inducing to watch him on Boy Meets World. I guess the guy needed to eat.

Actually, William Russ, another GREAT ACTOR (Wiseguy), was also on Boy Meets World (played the father).

What a waste of talent.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It is getting close to hill street's release a little over a week away. Has anyone seen any reviews pop up yet?

MarkBirds

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this at a Meijer store tonight on the new release shelf. I thought this wasn't supposed to come out until next week.:confused:
Anyway, I didn't get it because it was 34.99 and I wanted to see what Best Buy would be asking for it next week. It's a three-disc set, two slim paks in a cardbord sleeve.
Seems kind of expensive for just three discs, but I'll be picking this one up anyway.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Anyway, I didn't get it because it was 34.99 and I wanted to see what Best Buy would be asking for it next week. .
After waiting all these years & figuring I'd NEVER see it released, I'm not going to let a little thing like a few $$ stop me from buying it.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
These have to be double sided no ? Was'nt there at least 24 episodes? Or was the 1st Season a Mid season replacement?

RickB

Grip
I'm happy I saw that Hill Street Blues was being released, just noticed it online a few weeks ago. I only read the replys in this thread from the summer on, but I have to agree that just because some of us are what some would call old it doesn't mean we don't buy TV sets or DVD's.

I am 52 and have around 500 in my collection. I have to say I don't have too many TV sets, but I have purchased the ones I like. I usually try to make sure I don't just buy those on impulse and I do tend to shop around for them more than on movies. I usually don't blind buy them either, and I make sure the whole season is available before I buy them.

Also agree that if they think our age group doesn't buy many DvD's, they should think again.

Anyway, I am happy Hill Street will be released, I will be all over that one the day it comes out.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Also agree that if they think our age group doesn't buy many DvD's, they should think again.
You said it, RickB. Where did that "myth" originate about us "old folks" not buying too many DVD's? My buys are nearly 100% TV/DVD sets but I have a fair-sized DVD movie collection...around 140 movies. Maybe that's not all that many, come to think of it. Anyway, I'm waiting for a few movie releases but seldom buy movies.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Just a Head's Up Netflix will Offer Hill Street Blues in a six disk DVD9 set for rental. The disks according to DVDtalk exhibit the well known problems associated with Double sided Disks. See my Thread about Letting Studios know we hate Double sided Disks.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Just a Head's Up Netflix will Offer Hill Street Blues in a six disk DVD9 set for rental. The disks according to DVDtalk exhibit the well known problems associated with Double sided Disks. See my Thread about Letting Studios know we hate Double sided Disks.
After all this time & desire I finally have "Hill Street Blues" in my hands, but am I holding a betrayal by FOX? Have I been screwed over? I hope not. I'll start watching the series tonight & I'll see.

I just read the review at DVD Talk. If FOX has treated this release so badly, why bother releasing it at all. Save your money FOX for some piece of horse manure recent theatrical release that bombed in the theaters. Don't disgrace the memory of a historically important TV show that was of high quality by crapping on it with a terrible release.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Jeff, Let me know whether I should be picking it up or not, of course you may have to watch it all the way thru as the disks seem to exhibit problems in differnt areas, it's mostly at the Layer switch on the Double layered side.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
It may take several days for me to get thru the set. (I still have not finished "Time Tunnel" yet. PS - I've had NO glitches with TT) I'll report after each viewing session. :frowning:

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I just finished watching the 1st 3 episodes of HSB. I'm unsure whether or not the brand of DVD player impacts on the appearance of glitches or not. I use a multi-regional JVC XVSA-70 that does PAL-to-NTSC conversion. There were no major glitches seen in the first 3 episodes. I observed one several second instance in episode 1 were the brightness varied back & forth in a VERY mild manner. If I had not been looking for problems I might not have even noticed it. Episodes 2 & 3 were clean. So far so good. :) :frowning:

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I just finished episodes 4 & 5. No problems at all, on this the "Official Hill Street Blues & St Elsewhere Thread".
I'm surprised the other thread was not shut down since this one has the seniority by a mile.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks