What's new

When Nightmares Attack! (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I just woke up from a freaky nightmare. It felt as if I was awake but really wasn't...very weird. Anyways, here's the dream:
I woke up...or I thought I woke up. I go over across my room to turn on the lights. But they won't turn on. Everything's almost as if I'm awake like I am now -- I can see and seem to feel as if I'm walking. I panic. Then it seems to begin again. This cycle repeats about 5 times (one of the times I actually go over to my PC and start reading the HTF...weird). In one instant of the dream happening, I'm in the house I'm in while typing this message this moment, but everything feels old...very OLD. But the dream still took place in the present. It was ODD. Very odd. In one other instant of the dream shortly before I woke up, I almost knocked over the speaker stand on the right side of my TV. Or so I thought.
Not being able to turn on the lights or any physical interaction whatsoever was very frightening. I tried to scream help or something but found my mouth not moving (and no sound coming). That was really a rather odd dream. I had this dream only once before and things happened the same way. The only difference is that in the previous dream, I was asleep while my mom was awake in the next room and could see her doing stuff. But that dream didn't frighten me at all like this one did. I don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight. :frowning:
These are really confusing and odd dreams -- almost like being awake but not really being awake. Has anyone else had anything similar happen?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Yes, many of us. It's called sleep paralysis and it sucks. Being awake but your brain is telling your body that you're still sleeping so it paralyzes the body. Do some net research on it and you'll see some pretty freaky stories. Here's one from me:
Link

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
Ever heard of Lucid dreams? It's when you take control of your own self in the dream. Eventually, when you body has had enough sleep, it'll wake up. Once you start Lucid dreaming, then you can force yourself to wake up. If you realize your dreaming and want to keep dreaming, don't get excited, or you'll wake up. I recall only having 1 lucid dream so far. I realized I was dreaming, then I woke up. That kinda pissed me off.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I have had this happen only once and it was recently. I would keep 'waking up' in my dream but I was still dreaming after 'waking up'. After falsely waking up about 5 times, I started to catch on to what was going on, and started licuid dreaming, for the only time ever. Once I started lucid dreaming and started to tool around trying to do impossible stuff I would wake up though. The wierd thing was, that after I woke up for real, I could just try to go back to sleep again and i'd be in that wierd dream state about 5 seconds later. Then I knew I was dreaming but couldn't do anything. It was like I would be in a situation that was completely realistic and would hear someone talking like they were next to me, but i'd be like 'No this is a dream, they are not really there'. Then just to prove it to myself, I would snap my head to the side and wake up for real. Repeated this about 5 times before I actually decided to get out of bed. Never happened to me again. Wierd!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks