What's new

When I put the movie i just want to hit play... (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Jeff Durboow
I posted about the fear of upgrading to 2.0 after hearing about lip sync problems and other glitches..and i notice a majority of people are having flawlwess results and some are having to hit the pause button and unpausing to correct the problems..i just want to hit play and watch the movie it has got to be irritating to have some of these problems and do these tasks to correct them.... and you can't go back if you get unlucky with 2.0:thumbsdown:

come on TOSHIBA!!!!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Just like in the early days of DVD, the solution is sought with the manufacturers of the players (and offered by them too), while often the *real* problem is with the individual release/pressing.

The fact that some movies seem to have problems (with some users) and others don't, seems to confirm this feeling.

So yes, "come on Toshiba", might be the solution, but they may not be the real culprit in every case!

Anyway, 2.1 seems to be close.

(BTW, for what it's worth: I upgraded to 2.0, and although I don't typically have all the releases that were reported to have occasional lip-sync problems, I haven't seen any.)

Cees

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
From my phone calls to Toshiba and other posts on other forums, I'm finding out there is no 2.1, not even in the works. Do you have any info on this Cees?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Actually I notice NO lip synch issues or other hiccups since installing 2.0 :) Weird that some are and some aren't.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Some attribute this problem to whether one is using the digital connections as opposed to the analogue. That is what I am using and I have no lip synch issues.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I've switched over to 100% analog, I don't use a coax or toslink connection at all. I use the DACs in my A1 which seems to produce a more open and spacious soundfield over my Outlaw950.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
So do I (I have separates, so all my decoder is adding, is the central volume control). And it sounds fantastic!

Cees

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
I've been using the analog connections and have had no problems either. From what I hear the majority of the problems consist of using HDMI or optical for audio and playing a dics with TrueHD.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Same here Cees, I've got all separates so my 950 is basically just a volume control and yes, it does sound fantastic. The improvement is quite noticeable.

mfabien

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michel Fabien
For "The Perfect Storm"

First playback with analogs = no lip synch problem

Second playback with analogs = lip synch starting at a scene in the pilot house. Corrected instataneously with Pause and Resume

Third playback with analogs = lip synch at precisely the same moment in the pilot house scene. Again corrected with Pause and Resume.

Must be something with the movie. Nothing of the kind with other movies to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks