Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Josh Steinberg submitted a new blog post

When Harry Met Sally... (30th Anniversary Edition) Blu-ray Review
When-Harry-Met-Sally-wide-1024x475.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I’ll pick this up for the new interview with Reiner and Crystal.
It’s a shame that Ryan isn’t there with them though. A terrific
RomCom.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Just ordered this (along w/ 2 other BDs) in Target's 3-for-2 deal -- there seems only a couple left in stock if anyone's interested.

Debated it for a bit because of some concern whether the color balance is a tad off (and too cool) and contrast/tonality maybe a bit too flat (based on some screencaps comparison I found), but ultimately, just went for it in part because there's increasingly less likelihood of a 4K disc release now that Amazon owns MGM... and it essentially only costs ~$9 w/ that Target deal (and I didn't have a definitely better option for that 3rd title)...

_Man_

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Like all of the new release BDs of remastered 4K scans I’ve seen from MGM holdings, this was a nice improvement over the previous BD. Whatever the screen caps might look like, in motion and in projection it looked great to me - better than the older BD and certainly better than earlier DVD editions. It’s not exactly a Roger Deakins film but I recall this version having a nice film-like appearance that was nicely detailed and scratch/dirt/debris free.

Also made me want a pastrami sandwich from Katz’, but honestly, I don’t need a lot of help to wind up wanting that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks