What's new

When did "Jeopardy!" become "Jeopardy! for Dummies!" (1 Viewer)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I just saw today's show:

22 Wins

$737,760

He mentioned that he is for the first time grateful for tax cuts and then Alec asked him about tithing--he will still give 10% (as he is obliged to do according to the LDS doctrine).

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
well, it's fascinating to watch, but i'm kinda burnin' out on the dude. i mean, it's not even a challenge anymore. ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well i finally remembered to watch yesterday so i was certian that he would loose because of that.

he was just hanging around for the first round but when double jep came up he turned into an animal.

amazing.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
The tougher the clues get the better Ken gets. Some of the questions he pulls out are amazing.

There was what I consider a mistake last night. They took away money for the woman's answer of the "Olympics" for what Stockholm hosted in 1912 and some guy losing his medal in the decathlon. The category was "Summer" fun (I think). However, her answer was technically correct. There were no Summer Olympics in 1912. The games were not split into Summer and Winter until 1924 so the 1912 games would have been simply the "Olympics." Thus, the clue was actually wrong for the category.

It didn't effect the outcome of the game (it almost did) as she fell just short of having half the money of Ken (even without the deduction) for final Jeopardy. If that had taken away her chance of beating him it would have been unfair.

StephenA

Screenwriter
There was a guy last week that came real close to beating Ken. It was within a few thousand dollars. Both got over 40,000 I think.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, i think that guy last week could have won, but i don't think he did a max bet for final jeopardy? i don't recall exactly now, but i remember thinking he should have bet it all.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Well, now up to 775grand. 24-day winning streak. How long do you think it will last? I wonder if there are any net sites taking bets? heh

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Wasn't it revealed somewhere early in this thread just how long it lasts? If I recall, his reign should end sometime this week.

Kelly W

Second Unit
How far in advance is Jeopardy taped? I always thought it was recorded just a few days (or maybe a week) early, but I think I heard someone mention on another show (Pardon the Interruption) that these episodes were recorded in February.

I didn't believe the "spoiler" because I didn't think there was any way anybody would know the final results so soon, but if this, in fact, all happened in February, then maybe it's true.

-Kelly

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It's taped at least a month or two in advance. I remember back in 2001, in October, there was an answer/question involving the Pentagon. Alex appeared just before a commercial break in a special taped apology, noting that the show had been taped before the Sept. 11 attacks.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't it revealed somewhere early in this thread just how long it lasts?
I wouldn't know Malcolm, I avoid spoilers like the plague. He won today...so now I'm just awaiting his departure this week. I hope he makes it through the week so it's like you were messing with me, but since Jack stated it's filmed like a month or two in advance, I'm really doubting that.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I tuned again today:

26 days in a row

$828,960 so far

I believe there was a mistake that cost him a few hundred dollars:

The "answer" referred to the "bile producing organ" of a bear that is sold in Chinese Medicine shops.

Ken buzzed in with "liver."

The correct response was "gallbladder."

Well...the gallbladder stores and concentrates bile--it does not "produce" bile. The liver produces bile.

Bear gallbladders are sold in Chinese Pharmacies, so the question/answer was bad.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm thinking he hits $1 Million, then throws it intentionally.
Wouldn't want to appear greedy. :D

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
An article from yesterday's New York Post talks about Jeopardy's ratings going up during Ken's winning streak.
For instance, "Jeopardy!" averaged a 5.8 rating, or roughly 5.8 million households, for the week of June 7, when Jennings was in his second week of consecutive-game appearances.
The following week, June 14 — with Jennings reeling off wins No. 10 through 14, that number jumped 12 percent to 6.5 million households, according to the latest available Nielsen data.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks