What's new

Harvey Weinstein allegations; who's next when it comes to allegations? (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Having a deformed or micro-penis doesn't mean it's not an operational penis. It might also explain the pathology of the assaults.

I think you are correct that his condition may have contributed to his appalling behavior toward women as no doubt that probably would have had a psychological effect on him.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So, this is pretty bizarre. I guess Mel Gibson has been telling people for a while that Harvey Weinstein has "no penis" which I assumed was just some sort of insult Mel was tossing Harvey's way. Yesterday I am listening to an episode of the podcast "The Movies that Made Me" and this topic actually comes up on the show and basically they say this is true, that Weinstein has some condition that resulted in him not having or having severely deformed genitalia. Josh Olsen says on the show that this came out in testimony by one of his victims and that one woman actually felt sorry for Harvey's condition. Joe Dante actually says he finds it hard to believe that one of the world's most famous sexual predators does not actually have the equipment. Now, I've been afraid to google this as there are said to be photos and I do not want to see something I can not un-see.

Is this a true story or some sort of myth?

If it is true it is kind of fitting in a way that he would be stuck with this situation.
I looked it up after hearing that story too. Like Cameron said, there's no pictures but even reading about it is still... memorable.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I looked it up after hearing that story too. Like Cameron said, there's no pictures but even reading about it is still... memorable.

Yes, I was not intrigued enough to do a search because someone said that during the trial everyone had to have a look at Weinstein's junk and I thought no way I want to see that and every time something like this happens someone puts out photos or video. Olsen did say the description was awful and so I was not real big on reading that either, ha.

Actually the more interesting Weinstein info that came out on that episode was that Harvey shelved completed films if he did not like them or had a beef with somebody involved in the picture. They pondered what good films might be sitting on a shelf that would never see the light of day.

Now I am very curious about that. Anybody know anything about pictures Harvey refused to release?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
If the condition is congenital, can you imagine the merciless treatment he would have received from other kids. Something like this couldn’t be kept secret. It still doesn’t justify being the criminal he became.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I've heard that he came close to pulling Snowpiercer and The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet because he didn't like the cuts that had already been seen worldwide. He greatly reduced Snowpiercer's release and only released Spivet in 2D which was terrible since it was one of the best 3D films of all time.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Plus he cut so many great foreign films, some of which one can only see in region-locked releases.
I heard that the dragon dynasty kung fu movies were hit with many cuts. I stayed away from collecting the series.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Legend of Drunken Master (retitled from Drunken Master II) was not part of the Dragon Dynasty series, but Weinstein did his "magic" with that movie through Dimension Films. The cuts to the film were relatively minor, but the most egregious thing was the wholesale replacement of the film score. Replacing it with something generic was made all the worse because the original score incorporated a Chinese folk song that became the Wong Fei Hong character's theme song when Jackie Chan played him in the first Drunken Master film almost 20 years earlier. It would be like if they stripped out Gonna Fly Now from a Rocky sequel.

BEFORE (theme song starts at 4:56)

AFTER

I heard that the dragon dynasty kung fu movies were hit with many cuts. I stayed away from collecting the series.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks