What's new

When did "Jeopardy!" become "Jeopardy! for Dummies!" (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I disagree, only because I can never remember the categories. I'll realize after four clues that the category isn't "Presidents" but "Hollywood Presidents," or something like that.
I have the same problem, but sometimes it is annoying when they say the whole thing.

I always forget things like that the answer should start with a certain letter.

Yesterday I cleared two categories- Richard III and Measure for Measure. When I saw Richard III, and having both read about that period of British history and being familiar with the Shakespeare plays about the War of the Roses, I was like, "This one's mine!"

Ken- 16 days!

He completely obliterated his opponents again. I saw the fear and utter dismay in their eyes. Frightening.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I disagree, only because I can never remember the categories. I'll realize after four clues that the category isn't "Presidents" but "Hollywood Presidents," or something like that.
I have the same problem, but sometimes it is annoying when they say the whole thing.

I always forget things like that the answer should start with a certain letter.

Yesterday I cleared two categories- Richard III and Measure for Measure. When I saw Richard III, and having both read about that period of British history and being familiar with the Shakespeare plays about the War of the Roses, I was like, "This one's mine!"

Ken- 16 days!

He completely obliterated his opponents again. I saw the fear and utter dismay in their eyes. Frightening.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So is my wife, who is downright obsessive about Richard III (the man, not the play.)

Jason

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So is my wife, who is downright obsessive about Richard III (the man, not the play.)

Jason

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
when exactly does the buzzer go live?
Unless they changed it since I was a contestant, the button goes live after a neon border around the perimeter of the answer board lights up. I don't think you can see it on TV, but until it's lit up, you can't ring in, and if you try to jump it, your buzzer gets locked out for a second or a fraction of a second. Fast, repeated clicking doesn't help at all because the buzzer locks out for 1/2 second after you press it. You need lighting reflexes to buzz in just as the neon lights up, and you may have to ignore the question to focus on ringing in.

BTW, there is no Jeopary podium manufacturer, so most of the stuff behind the poduims are jury rigged. The time I was on, the buzzers were different shapes, so the one I practiced with felt different from the one I actually played with.

BTW, I came in third.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
when exactly does the buzzer go live?
Unless they changed it since I was a contestant, the button goes live after a neon border around the perimeter of the answer board lights up. I don't think you can see it on TV, but until it's lit up, you can't ring in, and if you try to jump it, your buzzer gets locked out for a second or a fraction of a second. Fast, repeated clicking doesn't help at all because the buzzer locks out for 1/2 second after you press it. You need lighting reflexes to buzz in just as the neon lights up, and you may have to ignore the question to focus on ringing in.

BTW, there is no Jeopary podium manufacturer, so most of the stuff behind the poduims are jury rigged. The time I was on, the buzzers were different shapes, so the one I practiced with felt different from the one I actually played with.

BTW, I came in third.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
until it's lit up, you can't ring in, and if you try to jump it, your buzzer gets locked out for a second or a fraction of a second. Fast, repeated clicking doesn't help at all because the buzzer locks out for 1/2 second after you press it.
Yes, which is why Rosie Perez winning in White Men Can't Jump is such complete and utter B.S.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
until it's lit up, you can't ring in, and if you try to jump it, your buzzer gets locked out for a second or a fraction of a second. Fast, repeated clicking doesn't help at all because the buzzer locks out for 1/2 second after you press it.
Yes, which is why Rosie Perez winning in White Men Can't Jump is such complete and utter B.S.

Todd K

Second Unit
So cool and calm gets the buzzer? I was always hoping if you were the first to click and hold down, you would buzz in as soon as it went live. That would certainly reward those who get the answer first. Though it would lead to people buzzing in and trying to guess the answer even if they don't know it.

Todd K

Second Unit
So cool and calm gets the buzzer? I was always hoping if you were the first to click and hold down, you would buzz in as soon as it went live. That would certainly reward those who get the answer first. Though it would lead to people buzzing in and trying to guess the answer even if they don't know it.

James L White

Supporting Actor
I saw soemm of the shows last week, I think, where one of the contestants gave her Final Jeopardy asnwer as "Whatever Ken says" :laugh: the guy is amazing over $512K and counting

James L White

Supporting Actor
I saw soemm of the shows last week, I think, where one of the contestants gave her Final Jeopardy asnwer as "Whatever Ken says" :laugh: the guy is amazing over $512K and counting

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i didn't watch last night. i guess he busted 500k? :eek:
not too shabby....
oh yeah, another jeopardy pet peeve... :)
why do some contestants hop all over the board? the only thing i can think of is that they're looking for double-jeopardy? anyway, it's *so* annoying. besides, if you're gonna do that, better go for the high-dollar question - it always seems to be in the lower-half of the board....???

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i didn't watch last night. i guess he busted 500k? :eek:
not too shabby....
oh yeah, another jeopardy pet peeve... :)
why do some contestants hop all over the board? the only thing i can think of is that they're looking for double-jeopardy? anyway, it's *so* annoying. besides, if you're gonna do that, better go for the high-dollar question - it always seems to be in the lower-half of the board....???

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I'm not a big fan of the new format... I preferred the tournament of champions (and 5 day winning limit). Ken is doing a good job but there are at least two people that I've seen on the show that were more impressive. The first person was back in the 80s and is now a writer for the show (question researcher / author). There wasn't a single final Jeopardy were the other contestants had a mathematical chance at winning (i.e.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I'm not a big fan of the new format... I preferred the tournament of champions (and 5 day winning limit). Ken is doing a good job but there are at least two people that I've seen on the show that were more impressive. The first person was back in the 80s and is now a writer for the show (question researcher / author). There wasn't a single final Jeopardy were the other contestants had a mathematical chance at winning (i.e.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks