What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (4 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Used Target's B2G1 sale to preorder Macgyver and Andy Griffith on Blu for lower prices. Plus, the Elementary complete set.
Target rarely allows pre-orders on those sales (been watching all week for IDoJ to be included)... I caved and ordered Andy Griffith myself... It'll be $48 + tax - hard to beat and if it drops in price before release day I can easily cancel or just return it to the local store. And their current "regular" price is much better than Amazon's...

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Target rarely allows pre-orders on those sales (been watching all week for IDoJ to be included)... I caved and ordered Andy Griffith myself... It'll be $48 + tax - hard to beat and if it drops in price before release day I can easily cancel or just return it to the local store. And their current "regular" price is much better than Amazon's...
I think I wound up at $50 overall with Elementary and the Batman by Paul Dini book at the same price, which was a fair price for all thrre.

And with this being MoD, I doubt it would ever go much lower than the $70ish Target has it at regularly, much less hit sub-50.

So I'll take the good luck on these sets being available for preorder.

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
Beware the Porch Pirates! I just had two DVD box sets and a Blu-ray movie scoffed from where I usually have my mail delivered. Needless to say, anything going forward will now be picked up from a more secure post office. Not as convenient to me, but with hordes of Meth-heads now roaming the hell-scape and following delivery vans on their routes, a necessary measure. If I could, I would literally hunt them with my .308 Remington!

A few things I have coming from the U.K:

Dial 999, 39 half-hour episodes, the unique 1958 ITC-ZIV co-production. Recently released by Network in R2. Robert Beatty as a Royal Canadian Mountie kicking Limey ass on the grimy streets of London!

Interpol Calling, 39 episodes, the 1959 international intrigue series from ITC. Network R2.
Tried getting this previously and was foiled. Charles Korvin as a globe-trotting crime fighter.

Ellery Queen Mysteries, 23 episodes including pilot telefilm. The 1975-76 Jim Hutton/David Wayne series. Including the earlier 1971 TV movie incarnation starring Peter Lawford and Harry Morgan, with E.G. Marshall and Stefanie Powers, Ellery Queen: Don't Look Behind You... this is a U.K. release, but apparently region-free. Looking forward to seeing this series again after many years, what with Eve Arden, Vincent Price, George Burns, Ida Lupino, Betty White and Ed (Hi-yo!) McMahon featured!

The Fall Guy season two 22 episodes, 1982-83, R2 locked. For whatever reason, never released here. Some guy named Lee Majors is in it. Roy Rogers, Jock Mahoney, Tony Curtis and Richard Burton guest stars! And above all, I need me some Heather Thomas and Markie Post!
lf

E8S4GrQXMAInGVC.jpg
Sorry to hear about the package theft Randall. Has yet to happen to me but I hear about it from friends pretty often in recent years. More evidence of the decline of our respective countries.

I wonder if that photo of Markie Post is genuine. Kind of difficult to imagine her posing like that. Or, very easy to imagine but hard to believe.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Beware the Porch Pirates! I just had two DVD box sets and a Blu-ray movie scoffed from where I usually have my mail delivered. Needless to say, anything going forward will now be picked up from a more secure post office. Not as convenient to me, but with hordes of Meth-heads now roaming the hell-scape and following delivery vans on their routes, a necessary measure. If I could, I would literally hunt them with my .308 Remington!

Dial 999, 39 half-hour episodes, the unique 1958 ITC-ZIV co-production. Recently released by Network in R2. Robert Beatty as a Royal Canadian Mountie kicking Limey ass on the grimy streets of London!

Interpol Calling, 39 episodes, the 1959 international intrigue series from ITC. Network R2.
Tried getting this previously and was foiled. Charles Korvin as a globe-trotting crime fighter.

Ellery Queen Mysteries, 23 episodes including pilot telefilm. The 1975-76 Jim Hutton/David Wayne series. Including the earlier 1971 TV movie incarnation starring Peter Lawford and Harry Morgan, with E.G. Marshall and Stefanie Powers, Ellery Queen: Don't Look Behind You... this is a U.K. release, but apparently region-free. Looking forward to seeing this series again after many years, what with Eve Arden, Vincent Price, George Burns, Ida Lupino, Betty White and Ed (Hi-yo!) McMahon featured!

The Fall Guy season two 22 episodes, 1982-83, R2 locked. For whatever reason, never released here. Some guy named Lee Majors is in it. Roy Rogers, Jock Mahoney, Tony Curtis and Richard Burton guest stars! And above all, I need me some Heather Thomas and Markie Post!
lf

E8S4GrQXMAInGVC.jpg
Sorry to hear about that Randall, but maybe they'll show up. Perhaps a neighbor grabbed them for you?

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I wonder if that photo of Markie Post is genuine. Kind of difficult to imagine her posing like that. Or, very easy to imagine but hard to believe.
Well, Alan, from what I can find on Google Images, Markie Post wasn't exactly a shrinking violet...at least when she was younger. ;)

49-hottest-bikini-photos-from-markie-post-revealing-her-hottest-legs-best-of-comics_busty-pics-696x400.jpg
9002-07_1024x1024.jpg

Markie-Post-hot.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel

Very sorry to hear about the porch theft, Randall. That kind of despicable behavior makes my blood boil. :angry: If you don't mind sharing, what were the DVD sets and Blu-Ray that were stolen? I do hope Neal's positive take turns out to be true...

That's one nice thing about living in Japan, even in a big city like Osaka...99.9% of Japanese people wouldn't even consider taking anything that didn't belong to them. I've had middle-aged salesclerks chase me several blocks down the street to return something I left behind (even if it was of little actual monetary value). Of course, so far the rampant meth use that plagues North America has not yet struck Japan (and I pray that it never does).

Good stuff there, Randall! Glad to hear that you will (hopefully) finally get your mitts on Interpol Calling and Dial 999. Ellery Queen is a very fun show with, as you say, a bevy of great guest stars. I've been contemplating picking up a season or two of The Fall Guy myself...not sure how well it's aged, but I always have liked Lee Majors' easygoing screen presence...and as you say, Heather Thomas and Markie Post are very welcome added attractions. Back when it was first airing, I (and most of my fellow male classmates) always kept an eagle eye out during the opening credits for the exact moment when Ms. Thomas, in her teeny blue bikini, would make her entrance through those swinging doors. ;)

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Thank you Alan, Neal and Jeff for the commiserations!

I've only rarely experienced theft of this kind before. But it definitely is becoming a much bigger problem, and perpetrated by several people working together, if not by gangs. Just by chance, a local TV station had featured a story on 'porch pirates' that same evening! The victimized party provided a crystal clear surveillance video of the perp...and you wouldn't believe it! A very stylish young woman in 3" high heels and body-tight yoga pants...she also had a covid mask on and her hoodie up, but I would think that she was identified by several of her frenemies immediately. The girl was very accomplished at racing along on those heels, struggling to hold on to several large parcels she was stealing. They reported that these people were following the delivery van. I imagine that courier drivers often report they are being followed to the police in hope they can be arrested in the act. And I understand that some police forces are now using 'bait' parcels to lure these perps and trap them.

Even though my 3 parcels were confirmed by tracking to have been delivered, when I opened a chat with customer service on Amazon, they immediately refunded me for all of them. Lightning fast, even though it wasn't their fault of course. So, I'm grateful...but I give them a LOT of business, ha, ha...and going forward, everything now will be picked-up at my local friendly post office...

Jeff, nice to hear that the Japanese people (just as we suspected) are still an admirably trustworthy and well-ordered society...as to the missing stuff, I've been mining the Olive back-catalogue lately, and the stolen packages were for John Ritter's Hooperman season one and a Blu-ray of Jerry Lewis' 1958 VistaVision movie Rock a-bye Baby...call me crazy if you must, but good ol' Jerry Lewis remains a treasured childhood favorite of mine...and Olive's other Blu-ray of a Jerry Lewis VistaVision movie, The Geisha Boy, is an eye-popper and one of the most spectacular HD movies I've ever seen! And needless to say, I still find him funny when he was at his best...so, both of these can be replaced while old stock still remains to be had...as is Movin' On season one which was in the third package. No doubt the thieves were disappointed that I hadn't ordered 'Call of Duty Zombie Apocalypse' X-Box or Playstation game...

On another front, I'm sorry to say that the great contraction of physical media has finally hit my local Walmart supercenter out here in the land that time forgot...where once there was a rather extensive selection of movies, music and TV box-sets, there is now a much reduced selection...with the gaming stuff being ramped-up...they used to have a reliably good selection of Western CBS TV series like Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, HGWT, and even TMG/Shout stuff like High Chaparral and Daniel Boone...even farther back in the mists of time they had deep catalogue stuff from Timeless, Shout, MPI, Universal etc. This is Cowboy country, and the Westerns always sold well...and years ago, I could pick-up things like TMG's Harbor command, West Point, State Trooper, The Monroes, Death Valley Days and Zane Grey Theatre there!

Thank you Jeff for those pictures of lovely Markie Post (R.I.P. dear lady)...as God is my witness, I always thought she compared admirably to the stunning Heather Thomas on the internationally recognized unified field theory quantum thermonuclear hotness scale of beautiful girls!

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
On another front, I'm sorry to say that the great contraction of physical media has finally hit my local Walmart supercenter out here in the land that time forgot...where once there was a rather extensive selection of movies, music and TV box-sets, there is now a much reduced selection...with the gaming stuff being ramped-up...they used to have a reliably good selection of Western CBS TV series like Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, HGWT, and even TMG/Shout stuff like High Chaparral and Daniel Boone...

That's horrible! I thought the contraction would never hit up there in Canada where you live.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Courtesy of the GRUV website, $9.99 each season, with a 10% coupon:

Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 1;
Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 3;
Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 4; and
Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 5.

Nice to find these at such a great price, sad that Season 2 was sold out.
Received notice of shipping on Thursday and package was delivered an hour ago.

Great customer service from Gruv.

Amazing!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks