What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Why did you go out of order getting the seasons on that one?
Waiting for the "right price." That season rarely dropped below $20 - and then by only a dollar or two. I don't like it enough to pay that much for one of the later seasons (where it fell off in quality - not that it truly had far to go after Sheen's issues in his last season - plus I'm not much of a fan of Ashton Kutcher). I finally picked it up in the last Target B2G1 sale and paid $14 for it. That's still the most I paid for any season, and more than I truly wanted to pay, of that one with the bulk picked up at $4-$5/season and S10/S12 for ~$9/each.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Waiting for the "right price." That season rarely dropped below $20 - and then by only a dollar or two. I don't like it enough to pay that much for one of the later seasons (where it fell off in quality - not that it truly had far to go after Sheen's issues in his last season - plus I'm not much of a fan of Ashton Kutcher). I finally picked it up in the last Target B2G1 sale and paid $14 for it. That's still the most I paid for any season, and more than I truly wanted to pay, of that one with the bulk picked up at $4-$5/season and S10/S12 for ~$9/each.

Excellent reasoning, all that (I don't blame you)!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Bumping this up: Mill Creek all-in-one DVD on Miami Vice

20211105_141702.jpg

20211105_141717.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Found a copy of Quantum Leap - Complete Series for $9.96 at my local Walmart. This is the MillCreek set with most of the correct music. Oh boy!!!

I think that such was a selling point on the releases of Miami Vice-- all the original 🎶 of the time, from many of the great artists and bands of the time; Phil Collins, U2, Public Enemy; you name it, Vice had it and more.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Found a copy of Quantum Leap - Complete Series for $9.96 at my local Walmart. This is the MillCreek set with most of the correct music. Oh boy!!!
Surprisingly, it's also available at walmart.com for that price:

I gave my daughter my old DVDs when I purchased the MC BR set - I may have to get her a copy of this version to make up for it... ;)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Doug - be sure to check the bargains threads for Gruv coupons... They've had a string of 20% off coupons with a new one coming out as the previous one expires since opening the site a few months back.

The current 20% off code is GIVETHANKS20 - expires 11/25 at midnight. It's multi-use.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Courtesy of the GRUV website, $9.99 each season, with a 10% coupon:
Doug - be sure to check the bargains threads for Gruv coupons...
Hey guys! One question...What is this GRUV of which you speak?

Well, as will come as no surprise to Howie, despite my plans to put a moratorium on disc spending for the rest of the year, I just couldn't resist ordering a couple of TV-on-DVD sets.

I took advantage of last month's Network "Bonkers" sale and bought The Champions Complete Series set. Was getting tired of waiting for the inevitable Blu-Ray. Watch, now that I pulled the trigger on the DVD, there will be an imminent announcement of a brand new Blu-Ray version. ;) And I'm OK with that.

51zumAR0ljL._AC_SS350_.jpg

Also snagged a used copy of Lovejoy Series 1. Ordered this one on Amazon Japan, but it's being shipped by a Marketplace vendor in the U.K.

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

Looked it up, and apparently that site name is treated as one word, w/no deconstruction (no explanation of initials).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

Well, as will come as no surprise to Howie, despite my plans to put a moratorium on disc spending for the rest of the year, I just couldn't resist ordering a couple of TV-on-DVD sets.

I took advantage of last month's Network "Bonkers" sale and bought The Champions Complete Series set. Was getting tired of waiting for the inevitable Blu-Ray. Watch, now that I pulled the trigger on the DVD, there will be an imminent announcement of a brand new Blu-Ray version. ;) And I'm OK with that.

51zumAR0ljL._AC_SS350_.jpg

Also snagged a used copy of Lovejoy Series 1. Ordered this one on Amazon Japan, but it's being shipped by a Marketplace vendor in the U.K.

s-l300.jpg
gruv.com is Universal's online store. They have regular bargains/sales on back catalog and new product (a different group of items on sale every weekend). Since they opened a few months back they've had constant free shipping on any size order plus 20% off codes. Almost as soon as one 20% off code expires they've issued a new one. All, so far, have been multi use. Shipping is relatively quick and they package fairly well.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Beware the Porch Pirates! I just had two DVD box sets and a Blu-ray movie scoffed from where I usually have my mail delivered. Needless to say, anything going forward will now be picked up from a more secure post office. Not as convenient to me, but with hordes of Meth-heads now roaming the hell-scape and following delivery vans on their routes, a necessary measure. If I could, I would literally hunt them with my .308 Remington!

A few things I have coming from the U.K:

Dial 999, 39 half-hour episodes, the unique 1958 ITC-ZIV co-production. Recently released by Network in R2. Robert Beatty as a Royal Canadian Mountie kicking Limey ass on the grimy streets of London!

Interpol Calling, 39 episodes, the 1959 international intrigue series from ITC. Network R2.
Tried getting this previously and was foiled. Charles Korvin as a globe-trotting crime fighter.

Ellery Queen Mysteries, 23 episodes including pilot telefilm. The 1975-76 Jim Hutton/David Wayne series. Including the earlier 1971 TV movie incarnation starring Peter Lawford and Harry Morgan, with E.G. Marshall and Stefanie Powers, Ellery Queen: Don't Look Behind You... this is a U.K. release, but apparently region-free. Looking forward to seeing this series again after many years, what with Eve Arden, Vincent Price, George Burns, Ida Lupino, Betty White and Ed (Hi-yo!) McMahon featured!

The Fall Guy season two 22 episodes, 1982-83, R2 locked. For whatever reason, never released here. Some guy named Lee Majors is in it. Roy Rogers, Jock Mahoney, Tony Curtis and Richard Burton guest stars! And above all, I need me some Heather Thomas and Markie Post!
lf

E8S4GrQXMAInGVC.jpg

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
At the Anderson Jockey Lot today: scored for both me and my nephew...

For me (my mother might enjoy this more):
--Beauty and the Beast (the second and third-and-final gos [1988-90] on that 1987-90 CBS fantasy/adventure/crime drama w/Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman)

beautybeast2-1.jpg

beautybeast2-2.jpg

beautybeast3-1.jpg

beautybeast3-2.jpg

For my nephew:
--Ninth go (1990-91) on Cheers (gave him the omnibus of the first six gos, and figured he'd like another one [another little belated birthday surprise for him])

cheers9-1.jpg

cheers9-2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks