What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought?

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
Do yourself a favor and do *not* bother watching the last 2 episodes of S6. Episode 25 is just bad while episode 26 is a very bad back-door pilot with little to do (actually just a quick set up) with the actual series. Those 2 are ranked 5.3 and 5.5 at IMDB. I feel that's being generous.

LeoA

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Leo
I remember those two backdoor pilots that ended the series. They are pretty awful, so I'll probably skip them.

I can only think of one backdoor pilot I actually enjoyed for any series. It was an episode of Mister Ed that I believe was called Pine Lake Lodge and co-starred William Bendix. I suppose it wasn't a good Mister Ed episode since you barely see the horse, but on its' own merits it was a good episode.

Last edited:

The Obsolete Man

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Blu)

The Rockford Files (Blu).

blowitoutahere was having a buy 2, get 15% off thing on ebay, they're a legit seller AFAIK, and they had the Kimmy set down to $30. Rockford was a bonus, since their price is the cheapest around since Amazon jacked the price back up, and the 15% off made it better.

So it all worked out!

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
I've purchased from blowitoutahere's Amazon store so I'd guess their ebay store is legit. Never had any issues.

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
Not exactly new purchases - just upgrades. I've been picking up the new Warner TV series of Supergirl and The Flash - but on whichever media has been the least expensive during sales. Because of that I had Supergirl S2 and The Flash S3 on DVD (the rest are BR). Thanks to a recent huge markdown and additional coupon at deepdiscount I purchased for ~$8/each:

Supergirl - The Complete Second Season - BR upgrade
The Flash - The Complete Third Season - BR upgrade

That gives me BR for all available seasons of those two.

Reactions: Jeff Flugel

jayembee

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry
Most recent DVD TV purchase: Gunsmoke: Seasons 10-12
Most recent BD TV purchase: His Dark Materials and Good Omens BBC [UK] SteelBooks

I already had the US Omens release, but when I ordered the HDM SteelBook, I figured I'd get the GO one as well.

jayembee

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry
For those interested, and don't know it yet, ClassicFlix is having an anniversary sale:

https://www.classicflix.com/products...al_offer_id=64

Among the titles on sale are Season 1 and Season 2 sets for Public Defender, and complete series sets for Blondie and It's About Time (all DVD). I have the two Public Defender sets on the way.

MatthewA

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Matthew
Most were hit by the "rural purge" and never had a chance at true closure.
Yet many of the shows that replaced them started with a bang and ended with a whimper.

Jeff Flugel

Screenwriter
Premium
Reaction score
Website
thestalkingmoon.weebly.com
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Well, sadly, my The Sentimental Agent DVD from Classic Movie Store has gone AWOL in the post. Six weeks later and still haven't received it! Figures it would have to happen to a now out-of-print release. Grrr...

Recently ordered from Network:

Got tired of waiting for the (probably unlikely, at this stage of the game) Blu-Ray upgrades on Gideon's Way and Return of the Saint.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meidaaros