What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (5 Viewers)

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Definitely over extended this year. I'm really surprised by how rewarding it is to put a DVD in the player anytime I want and watch a show that I want to watch. I saw this week that Hulu is taking the Hulk, Kojak, and Simon and Simon off.

I know exactly what you mean. Hopefully, you'll drop back by the "What have you been watching" thread and let us know what you think of your new acquisitions.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I know exactly what you mean. Hopefully, you'll drop back by the "What have you been watching" thread and let us know what you think of your new acquisitions.

Read my mind, my football team has a game this weekend that doesn't impact their playoff seed so I was going to get back to that thread. To be honest I've missed it, writing about the episodes makes the hobby more fun.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Fox condensed all-in-one of this 1970-77 CBS classic comedy w/the late MTM as Mary Richards [WJM news associate producer], et al.)

marytylermoore1.jpg
marytylermoore2.jpg

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
First order of 2019:

Three ITC Blu-Rays:
Man in a Suitcase, Vol. 4
Man in a Suitcase, Vol. 5
(one more to go, and this grail series will be finished on Blu!)
Captain Scarlet & the Mysterons, Vol. 4 (this one qualified for their current 25% off sale)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
CBS condensed all-in-one?
Yes. I'd originally planned to just purchase S2 and S3 to get episodes after Mannix left Intertect and got Peggy as his secretary. Then Amazon had to go and put that all-in-one on sale - just under $64 shipped. Twice as much what I was planning but it's all 8 seasons. Even already owning a copy of S1 the completist part of me couldn't pass it up and I'll finally see those later seasons. I'd pretty much stopped watching it by ~1972 (teenager with better things to do than sit home and watch TV).

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Even already owning a copy of S1 the completist part of me couldn't pass it up and I'll finally see those later seasons. I'd pretty much stopped watching it by ~1972 (teenager with better things to do than sit home and watch TV).

Glad you'll finally be able to enjoy that latter part of Mannix that you didn't see as a teen!

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I See that Amazon has removed the Jan 30 release date for House Of cards season 6 .. When I ordered it the price was 19.98 and Now its back to 38.99 .. I dont get it

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Got quite a few for Christmas.

Daktari - Season 4
Dennis the Menace - Season 3
Highway to Heaven - Season 2
Maverick - Season 1
Return to Green Acres
Sea Hunt - Season 1
The Jetsons - Season 1
WKRP - Season 3 (Finishing the series for me, since I already owned the final season)

Also got some classic movies on DVD and Blu-Ray like George Washington Slept Here, but I suppose that's off topic. :)

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
The Orville - S1
The Day of the Triffids - 1981 BBC Mini-series. I've always liked the 1963 movie and have heard this mini-series is the better version on film. I'm excited to finally have a copy and give it a watch to see for myself! :)

That 1981 miniseries is really good, Howie, think you'll enjoy it! It follows the book (which is a terrific read) closely, is well cast and the triffids themselves are well-realized despite the usual limited BBC budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks