What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (3 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Gunsmoke - S5-S7 "Epicpak" at WM $39.96 (stumbled on it while checking media offerings after purchasing a new floor lamp - got the last one on the shelf).

**EDIT to add:**

I've been looking for this one since it was first mentioned on this site - months ago. I'd pretty much decided it wasn't going to appear as it never has shown up on the WM site.

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Gunsmoke - S5-S7 "Epicpak" at WM $39.96 (stumbled on it while purchasing a new floor lamp - got the last one on the shelf).
Nice deal for 3 seasons of a great western (20 first class remastered CBS discs) ...I struggle a little bit with the epicpaks and don't like them very much...but I have season one of Gunsmoke and all the half season volumes that followed up to season twelve and they take up a heck of a lot of shelf space, 23 sets in all so far...and I sure hope we get seasons 13 and 14 of Gunsmoke at some point, and remastered of course...some great episodes in those seasons...as Gunsmoke regained it's top ten status...

I recently picked up Petticoat Junction seasons one and two...and the complete How to Marry a Millionaire CBS MOD...

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I generally like the Epicpaks, mostly for the great space saving nature. They impact me somewhat negatively with my viewing habits. I tend to keep a couple of comedy and a couple of drama series seasons in rotation. Having more than one season in those cases makes it harder to do that easily. My OCD makes me want to watch all the discs in the box before moving on, but I don't always want to spend that much time with a particular series before watching something else. I've gotten to where I just watch a disc or two each week from one of those types of sets and make sure to keep those cases in a separate location and track exactly where I am in the set, usually with the low tech sticky tab on the outside.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
For some reason.... whenever my roommate sees an oddball title come into the store she thinks that "Pete Needs That!" so she ended up bringing me home...

826663107982f.jpg

Hiya, Kids!!: A '50s Saturday Morning
DVDLogo.png

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
A blind buy of Stranger Things season 1 on Blu, because Target was practically giving them away.

$10 bucks is more than acceptable to try out a show. In fact, I think that's cheaper than a Netflix subscription.

I was thinking of getting it---but somebody on the thread said to hold out because there was going to be a 4K version. And sure enough, a 4K version showed up out of the blue (no pun intended) a few weeks later. I'm wondering if that will go down in price. But then I wasn't the biggest fan of the gigantic packaging for just 8 episodes. Maybe I'll wait until the whole series is over and they'll put out a complete set in some space-saving packaging...or maybe I won't be able to wait---

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Tried again with another purchase of the all-in-one of Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer (the 50s Darren McGavin one), and this time, succeeded! Not only that, but it came in record time too-- I purchased it through Amazon Marketplace, and it came in record time-- I wasn't expecting it till Friday!

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Tried again with another purchase of the all-in-one of Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer (the 50s Darren McGavin one), and this time, succeeded! Not only that, but it came in record time too-- I purchased it through Amazon Marketplace, and it came in record time-- I wasn't expecting it till Friday!

Ben:

I bought the complete series release when it first came out and thoroughly enjoyed the series.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Recently picked up (on Blu-Ray)

Person Of Interest: Complete Series
The 100: Seasons 1-4
Doctor Who: Series 10
Doctor Who: Shada
Doctor Who: Power Of The Daleks

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Duck Dynasty - S10 (A guilty pleasure - I thought my wife was crazy when she first told me about the series - it kind of grows on you, especially if you grew up around such people, like I did.)
First of the Summer Wine - Series 1
Threshold - Complete Series

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks