What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (9 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Andromeda - S1 (The reissue version) - I only saw a few eps of this one during the original airings. I like Kevin Sorbo and the price was right for a semi-blind buy - $13.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Andromeda - S1 (The reissue version) - I only saw a few eps of this one during the original airings. I like Kevin Sorbo and the price was right for a semi-blind buy - $13.

Is the aspect ratio 4:3 fullscreen or 16:9 widescreen?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
132026_large.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Haven't even taken off the plastic wrapping yet, Steve. Sorry.

I've never understood why TV sets get released right at the beginning of the new TV season. It's hard to find time for these things with the new episodes of favorite shows starting--not to mention the baseball postseason and backlog of films to watch!

I'd be worried about a scathing review...but not so worried about a single Amazon review. But I'll be sure to report when I get to watching the set. Feel free to prod me again if too much time goes by.

Paintbeanie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter
I got really lucky at goodwill today. I started MI-5 when it first came out but when I went to college shortly thereafter I did not get the channel it was on so I did not continue it and the DVDs were expensive (and it ended up having a lot of seasons) so I never pursued it. Today goodwill had a bunch of donated bbc series and they had (in pristine condition) all 10 seasons of MI-5 for $6 a season. So I got the whole 10 season bbc series for $60. I was thrilled!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Wal-Mart exclusive: Dynasty seasons 1-7, in two of the Epik Paks from the CBS all-in-one (1-4 in the first, 5-7 in the other), for $60

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Good Place S1

Superstore S1.

And coming tomorrow after the paypal to real bank account transfer

Superstore S2

Brooklyn Nine Nine S4.

I looked on ebay for Superstore S2 and B99 S4, but the place looks flooded with bad bootlegs. Too many, too cheap. And Superstore S2 is already burn on demand, so who knows what kind of quality a bootleg would be.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I believe there have been posts about the compressed W.C. Fields Universals, although the consensus seemed to be that the PQ wasn't noticeably affected, that they're more careful about it then, say Millcreek Entertainment, for instance.

Regarding GILLIGAN'S ISLAND, considering that HD versions of all 98 episodes already exist, I shouldn't think setting up a Blu-ray release would be all that difficult, although I have no idea whether these meet Warner's extremely high standards they insist upon for their Blu-ray releases, as I haven't actually viewed any of these!

Further postings relating to GILLIGAN'S ISLAND can also be made in this topic: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/com...ongruities-imponderables.348221/#post-4391111

CHEERS! :)
Yes , I'd welcome a Blu-ray of Gilligan , and many other TV shows . I can't figure out why Seinfeld hasn't made it to BD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Areles
    Recent bookmarks