What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Universe: The Mega Collection - S1-S5 (BR edition - I sold my unopened, non-anamorphic, S1-S4 DVD "Megaset" for almost enough to pay for this upgrade and gained a season in the deal)
Xena: Warrior Princess - S6 (another completed series)
Welcome Back Kotter - S1 (probably all I'll ever want of this one as I enjoyed S1 but in S2 it quickly turned into a catchphrase show and began going downhill)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Gunsmoke. Season 1-4. Walmart. $40. This is listed as 1-3 on their walmart.com. dont' believe those "sapheads"*! I think that's like "two bits" (25 cents) * per episode!

* thank you wild west dictionary.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Gunsmoke. Season 1-4. Walmart. $40. This is listed as 1-3 on their walmart.com. dont' believe those "sapheads"*! I think that's like "two bits" (25 cents) * per episode!

* thank you wild west dictionary.
That's a fantastic deal, especially for hourlong episodes! It's a far cry from some of the annoyingly separate Volume 1/Volume 2 season sets that have been issued for some TV shows, over the years!

Speaking of annoying, my order for THE HONEYMOONERS "CLASSIC 39" Blu-ray set that shipped from Shepherdsville, Kentucky more than 3 weeks ago, has yet to arrive in my mailbox! Worse yet, the vendor (Import CDs) I'm dealing with no longer ships replacements for unreceived or damaged orders (Or for any other reason!), and I might have to wait until mid June to order this same set from another vendor, as I likely won't qualify for a refund (Should my set not arrive, or arrive damaged!) until then!

So it goes! :rolleyes:

CHEERS! :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^ oh whoa! Thanks for the warning. Isn't Import CD aka Deepdiscount? those guuuuys!

thanks, yeah I just couldnot keep myself from driving all the way out there to get it. I have Wild Wild West and that will be great rotations with Gunsmoke.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
^^ oh whoa! Thanks for the warning. Isn't Import CD aka Deepdiscount? those guuuuys!

thanks, yeah I just couldnot keep myself from driving all the way out there to get it. I have Wild Wild West and that will be great rotations with Gunsmoke.
A quick online check indicates that Import CDs and Deep Discount are both owned by a company called Super D. I think the most important aspect to be aware of is with their lack of a replacement option means the item/s ordered through them are no longer price locked, in the event something goes awry with the shipping (Although that SHOULD be rare!), or if it arrives damaged, etc.

By the way, my Honeymooners Blu-ray set finally arrived in today's mail! :)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
As most of you know, whenever A show, which I procured via "other means" gets an official release, I'll purchase the official version, and discard the 'boots upon receiving the new set.

Last night THE OPPOSITE happened.

I broke out my set of Space: 1999 and when I inserted t.he disk into my player to watch this show things went south, FAST. Freezes and crashes galore. Looking at the back of the disks I noticed they were "fogged". Cleaning the disk was in vain, and when I looked at the other disks they too were fogged. OK, the set's dead, so I logged onto "The Big River" to procure a replacement only to discover this set is OOP and prices are in the STRATOSPHERE! So I turned to a "Trading Site" to buy a replacement. I don't like doing this, maybe some day this show will get re-released, perhaps on Blu-Ray, and once again I'll procure the official set. Meantime, this set will have to tide me over.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^That's not good... I have the 2nd version of the Megaset (the one in the slim packs) and haven't watched it in several years. Looks like I need to check 'em out when I get home.

**EDIT**
I just checked the prices... Holy cow!

**UPDATE**
I checked my set. There *is* some "cloudiness" (ranging from light to a bit more than moderate) on the disc surface of most discs. BUT - It cleaned off easily with my favorite stand-by: 75% Isopropyl Alcohol and a microfibre cloth. I've had discs do this before and become "unplayable" until I did the cleaning routine on them after which hey would play with no issues.

What did you use to clean your errant discs, William?

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Glad you got your set. That's another I need to get.

My Gunsmoke had 2 loosies. disc 1 looked fine, disc 5 had small scratches. Will prob be alright. Amazing amount of episodes. 39x4!!
Just based on what I've viewed so far, THE HONEYMOONERS "CLASSIC 39 EPISODE" Blu-ray set comes with my highest recommendation! The only 2 very minor quibbles that I have are the lack of a "Play All" feature (Although understandable with 1/3 of the episodes having multiple viewing options!), and no included booklet (Which is rare these days, anyway!). Even the standard sized Blu-ray packaging is pleasantly efficient!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
^That's not good... I have the 2nd version of the Megaset (the one in the slim packs) and haven't watched it in several years. Looks like I need to check 'em out when I get home.

**EDIT**
I just checked the prices... Holy cow!

**UPDATE**
I checked my set. There *is* some "cloudiness" (ranging from light to a bit more than moderate) on the disc surface of most discs. BUT - It cleaned off easily with my favorite stand-by: 75% Isopropyl Alcohol and a microfibre cloth. I've had discs do this before and become "unplayable" until I did the cleaning routine on them after which hey would play with no issues.

What did you use to clean your errant discs, William?

Just plain water. Unfortunately I had already discarded the disks. If this happens again, I'll try alcohol. As I said before, the set I purchased will tide me over until a re-release occurs.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
As most of you know, whenever A show, which I procured via "other means" gets an official release, I'll purchase the official version, and discard the 'boots upon receiving the new set.

Last night THE OPPOSITE happened.

I broke out my set of Space: 1999 and when I inserted t.he disk into my player to watch this show things went south, FAST. Freezes and crashes galore. Looking at the back of the disks I noticed they were "fogged". Cleaning the disk was in vain, and when I looked at the other disks they too were fogged. OK, the set's dead, so I logged onto "The Big River" to procure a replacement only to discover this set is OOP and prices are in the STRATOSPHERE! So I turned to a "Trading Site" to buy a replacement. I don't like doing this, maybe some day this show will get re-released, perhaps on Blu-Ray, and once again I'll procure the official set. Meantime, this set will have to tide me over.
Bummer. I have that set and it's unopened. I had my Season 5 of I dream of Jeannie go fogged on 1 disc. It was unopened too. I tried cleaning but it wouldn't get it all the way. I was also afraid of whatever infected it getting in my player. Is that a possible thing?

I"m afraid to open my 1999 now. :(

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Batman '66 - The Complete Series BR upgrade (from Amazon IT for ~$32 US shipped - includes CC imposed exchange fee)

I watched Corner Gas - it was quite good. I'll be picking up more seasons of that one.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Batman '66 - The Complete Series BR upgrade (from Amazon IT for ~$32 US shipped - includes CC imposed exchange fee)

I watched Corner Gas - it was quite good. I'll be picking up more seasons of that one.
Hi Howie!

Due to circumstances, I was able to do a DVD/Blu-ray comparison of the BATMAN '66 TV series, and the visual difference was very noticeable! I'm guessing that your Italian BD upgrade cost less than the DVD seasons, to boot!

I remember watching CORNER GAS on our CTV station back towards the mid '00s, and that it was funny in an endearingly quirky way! One interesting bit of trivia; CORNER GAS stars Brent Butt and Nancy Robertson have been married since November, 2005!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks