What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Hi Howie!

Due to circumstances, I was able to do a DVD/Blu-ray comparison of the BATMAN '66 TV series, and the visual difference was very noticeable! I'm guessing that your Italian BD upgrade cost less than the DVD seasons, to boot!

I remember watching CORNER GAS on our CTV station back towards the mid '00s, and that it was funny in an endearingly quirky way! One interesting bit of trivia; CORNER GAS stars Brent Butt and Nancy Robertson have been married since November, 2005!

CHEERS! :)
Significantly less. I purchased the DVD set when it came out and paid ~$115 for it. I thought that was a very good deal at the time - still do considering it was a Holy Grail title for me. :) I'm absolutely thrilled with that BD upgrade, especially so at that price!

I'd already read that about Butt and Robertson. I was surprised at the lack of accents in the actors voices. Having watched Bob and Doug on SCTV and then a few episodes of Red Green I was expecting a more backwoods approach, especially considering the location of the town. The first thing I noticed was the pronounciation of Saskatchewan and that it's different than the typical pronounciation south of the border. :)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Have Gun Will Travel ( that was a "double dip" - I already have the previous releases , but Paladin is an all time favorite of mine ).
My Friend Flicka Walmart exclusive .
Virginian season 4 ( becoming hard to find ).

jknu0526

Agent
Real Name
jason
Just grabbed Growing Pains season 4 and 5, HBO's Hitchhiker series, and a TMNT 1988 Bebop figure complete. Oh wait, that's a different forum.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I'd already read that about Butt and Robertson. I was surprised at the lack of accents in the actors voices. Having watched Bob and Doug on SCTV and then a few episodes of Red Green I was expecting a more backwoods approach, especially considering the location of the town. The first thing I noticed was the pronounciation of Saskatchewan and that it's different than the typical pronounciation south of the border. :)

As a former Saskie, I do notice the Saskatchewan accent quite a bit when I go back to visit ("Aw jeez, I gotta go put my bunnyhug on and head over to the OK Economy for some Vico and serviettes and then go to the LC for some Pil, so I can drink it on the chesterfield in the rumpus room, eh?"). Many parts of Canada don't have a strong Canadian accent--I lived in Vancouver for over a decade and I never noticed it. I do find it amusing when ESPN, usually Chris Berman, refers to the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders, mostly because the pronunciation is very different. I guess that's why our beloved Saskatoon berry has been renamed in the USA as "juneberry" because researchers said Americans had difficulty pronouncing it or spelling it correctly--many places in Canada are named after indigenous languages, in the case of Saskatchewan and Saskatoon, it's Cree.

Sorry for the Heritage Moment! ;)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I just received the Mission: Impossible Complete Series set in the mail today! I've never seen the post-Martin Landau/Barbara Bain seasons, so I'm looking forward to it--Leonard Nimoy! I ordered the Cheers Complete Series on a one-day sale from Amazon.ca the other day and I should have it Monday--it's been years since I saw it and Amazon must have read my mind! :)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
LooneyTunesPlatinum_V2.jpg
Looney Tunes Platinum Collection, Vol 2 (already have Vol 1 as I'm replacing all my Spotlight Collection DVDs).

This one I like primarily for "Hollywood Steps Out":

ref=yo_ii_img

Last edited:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I bought a dozen Mill Creek historical and science documentaries for a friend's son, who didn't fare well in school this year, Hopefully these will help him during the next school year.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Picked up the following the past few days:

MAVERICK season 2
THREE'S COMPANY season 3
McHALE'S NAVY season 1
KOJAK season 2 and season 3
MUNSTERS season 2
Walmart currently has the Three's Company Complete Series set for $34.96 + tax/shipping (or free shipping if site-to-store is used). Amazon had them price-matched until a couple of days ago. It's $40 there (Prime only deal). It might be worth the double-dip if you only own the first three seasons. It's in 4 larger keep-cases in a slip case and is the original AB discs (not a MC re-release).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Carol Burnett Show - This Time Together (7 disc "best of" collection - I wish they'd just do this in seasons)
Custer - The Entire Series
The Pacific - BR upgrade

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Walmart currently has the Three's Company Complete Series set for $34.96 + tax/shipping (or free shipping if site-to-store is used). Amazon had them price-matched until a couple of days ago. It's $40 there (Prime only deal). It might be worth the double-dip if you only own the first three seasons. It's in 4 larger keep-cases in a slip case and is the original AB discs (not a MC re-release).
Amazon dropped their price to $34.96 so I followed my own advice and picked up:

Three's Company - Complete Series set. I read lots of complains on Amazon about the "thinness" of the outer box, the artwork/photos on the keep cases, and the lack of photos on the discs. Seriously? Who cares? The box is quite acceptable thickness/quality and the images on the cases are appropriate for the seasons inside. I don't look at disc labels while a disc is playing. The discs are "plain" silver with the season and disc # printed on them along with episode names. What more do you need? For ~$35 I'm quite pleased.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks