What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (3 Viewers)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Latest TV purchase

Welcome Back Kotter ,

and Babes In Toyland - 1950's black and white version on kinescope with Wally Cox , and Dave Garroway

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
GILLIGAN'S ISLAND: Seasons 1 and 2 (Single Sided DVDs!) from Shopper's Drug Mart; a rare Brick & Mortar purchase. Somehow, it strikes me as a bit sobering that my having them put on hold was not only unnecessary, but I actually ended up getting the GI Season 1 DVD set off of the rack instead, when I noticed the annoying tell tale rattle! :P

Now that I have the entire series on DVD, I wonder when the impending Blu-ray issue announcement might occur? ;)

CHEERS! :)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
French & Saunders: "On the Rocks" (debated getting the box set but think I can get the individual releases less expensively as it's now apparently OOP)

The Guild - S4

Falling Skies - S3

Make Room for Daddy - S6 (I really wish more of this one was available - especially S1-S4)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Chuck Complete Series on Blu.

Saw Amazon's price of $45.99 and almost bit (but on backorder).

Then checked DeepDiscount - $38.70. After shipping and tax $43.45. And it's on it's way.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I ordered The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy from The Big River. Hopefully they'll arrive in time to go under the tree, :biggrin: I'll order some more shows on Christmas and a final wave on January 6. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
- The X-Files: Complete Series (pre-ordered from Fox Connect over the summer, but just got it last week)

- Bewitched: The Complete Series (got the original 31 disc Sony pressing for $21.99 on Amazon - wanted to avoid the newer 22 disc Mill Creek set which some reviewers have said looks overcompressed)

- I Dream Of Jeanie: The Complete Series (got the original 20 disc Sony pressing for $17.99 on Amazon - wanted to avoid the newer Mill Creek version which some reviews have said is overcompressed)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Josh Steinberg said:
- Bewitched: The Complete Series (got the original 31 disc Sony pressing for $21.99 on Amazon - wanted to avoid the newer 22 disc Mill Creek set which some reviewers have said looks overcompressed)

- I Dream Of Jeanie: The Complete Series (got the original 20 disc Sony pressing for $17.99 on Amazon - wanted to avoid the newer Mill Creek version which some reviews have said is overcompressed)
Smart buys on those! I don't doubt those reviews or reviewers one bit when it comes to Mill Creek's full releases of Bewitched and Jeannie, especially considering how Mill Creek crams far too many shows on each disc.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
bmasters9 said:
Smart buys on those! I don't doubt those reviews or reviewers one bit when it comes to Mill Creek's full releases of Bewitched and Jeannie, especially considering how Mill Creek crams far too many shows on each disc.
Absolutely! Plus the Sony releases include the BW versions of S1/S2 (Bewitched) & S1 (IDOT) (at least that's what I've read) while the MC ones are the colorized seasons.

**EDIT**

As Tony says a few posts from now - I got it reversed! I just know for sure that I purchased the individual Sony seasons on both series and double-dipped for the BW seasons.

I've read the BW ones are simply the color versions with the color information removed and I've read they are actually the BW masters with only the color removed opens attached. I have no idea which is correct and really don't much care as it's far easier to *not* mess with turning the color off on the set to watch those seasons in BW. :)

**END EDIT**

Hot in Cleveland - S3

My Name is Earl - S1

Falling Skies - S4

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
BobO'Link said:
Absolutely! Plus the Sony releases include the BW versions of S1/S2 (Bewitched) & S1 (IDOJ) (at least that's what I've read) while the MC ones are the colorized seasons.

Hi Howie!

It's actually the other way around! However, since it's my understanding that even the Sony Single Season/Mill Creek Black & Whites are simply derived from the Colorized versions with the Color turned off, I'd think these would have the same effect as turning down the Color for the colorized versions, anyway! Thus, in my opinion, Black & White or Colorized makes little difference, in these cases, and certainly not worth forking over extra $$ for the Sony Single Season BEWITCHED/I DREAM OF JEANNIE "Black & White" sets!

Just putting in my two bits!

Tony

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Tony Bensley said:
Hi Howie!

It's actually the other way around! However, since it's my understanding that even the Sony Single Season/Mill Creek Black & Whites are simply derived from the Colorized versions with the Color turned off, I'd think these would have the same effect as turning down the Color for the colorized versions, anyway! Thus, in my opinion, Black & White or Colorized makes little difference, in these cases, and certainly not worth forking over extra $$ for the Sony Single Season BEWITCHED/I DREAM OF JEANNIE "Black & White" sets!

Just putting in my two bits!

Tony
Thanks! I corrected my post. For me it *is* worth the extra $$ as I then don't have to mess with controls to see those seasons in glorious BW! :)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Well folks, I just picked this one up off Amazon. A cartoon series from my childhood that I really enjoyed, especially considering at the time that my old favorites (Space Ghost, Superman, Herculoids) were long gone due to of course the big concerns over televised violence in children's TV fare.

I still remember taping the songs directly off this show using my then state-of-the-art portable AM-FM-Cassette combo (predecessor to the coming boom-boxes) that I just got for Christmas that year.

Anyway I can't wait to take this stroll down memory lane. On Blu-ray no less. Now if someone would just release The Osmonds Animated Series (1972) and of course The Beatles Animated (1966).

BTW this is my first ever animiated feature series on Blu-ray.

Opinions from anyone who has seen this series welcome.

Jackson5_Animated_Blu.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Brad:

A totally appropriate post for this thread...but if you want to engage in protracted discussion about The Jackson Five animated series, you should start a separate, dedicated thread. :thumbsup:

"Remastered songs." Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks