What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Since today (January 6) is the twelfth and final day of Christmas (Some call it "The Feast of the Kings" among other things) I've taken the liberty of ordering Terry and the Pirates and several movies from "The Big River". :biggrin: This is my "Last Hurrah" of the holiday season. Since I had Turkey this past Christmas I'll be eating a Rib Roast for dinner. There will be other holidays and festivities coming up, but this season belongs to the ages. It's now time to look ahead to 2016.

PS - My next purchasing binge is slated for Little (Stinker) Month (That;s April for those of you in Rio Linda!). :laugh:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
JohnMor said:
The X-Files seasons 1-3, 5-9. Got them for $14.99 each. Still waiting for S4 price to come down.

Hi John!

Perhaps you might find the pricing on Amazon Canada a bit more to your liking: http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=The+X+files+season+4&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AThe+X+files+season+4

It does look more expensive for the DVD's, but one currently has some priced at a little over $18 CDN (Rate of exchange should bring this into your wheelhouse!) for some "Very Good" used season 4 sets, if that's what you're looking for, rather than Blu-rays.

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
bmasters9 said:
Frasier did the same for me when I purchased it-- it was completely intact.
Feels good don't it. :D I got my Taxi from them months back and got a big fender bender on the whole top of the box. 2 discs were scratched a little do I kept it to avoid trouble with those folks. ...I could type a paragraph or 5 here all about that! :(

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
51bbYATxWjL._SX342_.jpg

Amazon after holiday sale,

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Rockford Files - The Complete Series

It was on sale at Amazon for $60 which was well worth it just for the SS discs on S1 and the 2 movie sets, none of which I owned prior to this purchase. :)

Grace Under Fire - The Complete Series

Another full series courtesy of VEI. Also a great price right now when ordered from them via "Fulfilled by Amazon."

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I might wait for a similar deal on that Rockford Files complete series, as it does make sense at that price point...I too have all the original season releases, and volume 1 of the '90s movies...and, I've always had problems playing through disc 3 of those rotten dvd-18 flippers of season 1...damn them to hell...a neighbour of mine will be delighted to take all the free dvd's I can give him...great old guy...

I've recently completed my McHale's Navy series by purchasing season 4 and buying Madman's Australian region free blu-ray of the two feature films...I don't understand why Shout hasn't offered

this on blu-ray themselves...I guess I was spurred into action by their recent complete series footlocker release, and their upcoming dvd only issue of the two feature films...all told, I've spent less on these individual purchases anyway...

I'm now waiting to pounce on a discounted Lost In Space blu-ray set...heavily discounted, I hope, as I consider season two completely unwatchable...I wouldn't watch them at gunpoint...they should force the guests at Guantanamo Bay to watch them...eye splints might be needed...

I also have far too many westerns in my cue...found a good deal on The Tall Man from Timeless...I'm trying to finish watching Tombstone Territory and Restless Gun...I'm buying these ahead of my ability to watch them, of course...perhaps one has to worry about them falling out of print?

Oh, I also got the BBC 2 disc dvd release of Copenhagen / Fleming: the man who would be Bond...the former being the adaptation of the play and here starring Daniel Craig as Heisenberg and Stephen Rea as Bohr...and the latter being a mini series about Ian Fleming's wartime exploits...both excellent and recommended...

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Susan Nunes_329977 said:
Twilight Zone Season 5 (episodes only)

Now I will have the entire series and not have to break my bank account doing it. This was always the series I wanted most of all on DVD.
Was just thinking about starting my collection of this with the 'episodes only' season 1. Maybe it'll be my next purchase.

Otherwise, my most recents:
IN SEARCH OF... (Complete series)
ARTHUR C CLARK COLLECTION (all 3 series in box)
DILBERT (Complete series, Mill Creek set)
INVISIBLE MAN (original 50s series, S1 & S2 sets; the OOP S1 I tracked down on eBay)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks