Whats the Cheapest widescreen out there?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tan_U, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Tan_U

Tan_U Stunt Coordinator

As of right now the cheapest one I know of is the Panasonic 47" which you can get for about $1,600 at Sears with an internet price match. Is there anything cheaper.

2. Tan_U

Tan_U Stunt Coordinator

bump,

I just sold my T.V. and the guy is coming to pick it up on thursday so I need to make a decision fast, Oh and is there any big screen analog RPTV that supports 480P.

3. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

There are plenty of good deals out there right now on hdtv rptvs, I just bought a 65" samsung tantus for about 2300, form hh gregg. They are real suckers when it comes to selling there tv's they will practically sell you there family if you buy a warranty. After taxes and a 5yr warranty it came up to $3000 even, but the scamer in me will take it back before 30 days , get a refund and then buy it back a week later for proably half the price, lol[​IMG]

4. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Umm, well now. We'll ignore the ethical issues presented two posts prior to this one.

Right now, the 47-inch Panny is just about the least expensive 16:9 RPTV sold in the U.S. And the beauty of it is, the set's a true gem--the real deal. I've seen one properly set up in a high-end A/V store just blocks from my house. Except for a slight tendency toward blue-tinted images (the set had only been calibrated via the user controls), high-def images simply popped off the screen (it was fed by a Sencore signal generator). The Panny may be inexpensive, but it's not cheap.

You can also look for deals in your area or online. The 42-inch Toshiba can most likely be found for much less that two grand, and the color decoders in that brand's sets are amazing for a mass-produced display.