What's new

Whats the Cheapest widescreen out there? (1 Viewer)

Tan_U

Stunt Coordinator
As of right now the cheapest one I know of is the Panasonic 47" which you can get for about $1,600 at Sears with an internet price match. Is there anything cheaper.

Tan_U

Stunt Coordinator
bump,

I just sold my T.V. and the guy is coming to pick it up on thursday so I need to make a decision fast, Oh and is there any big screen analog RPTV that supports 480P.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
There are plenty of good deals out there right now on hdtv rptvs, I just bought a 65" samsung tantus for about 2300, form hh gregg. They are real suckers when it comes to selling there tv's they will practically sell you there family if you buy a warranty. After taxes and a 5yr warranty it came up to $3000 even, but the scamer in me will take it back before 30 days , get a refund and then buy it back a week later for proably half the price, lol:D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Umm, well now. We'll ignore the ethical issues presented two posts prior to this one.

Right now, the 47-inch Panny is just about the least expensive 16:9 RPTV sold in the U.S. And the beauty of it is, the set's a true gem--the real deal. I've seen one properly set up in a high-end A/V store just blocks from my house. Except for a slight tendency toward blue-tinted images (the set had only been calibrated via the user controls), high-def images simply popped off the screen (it was fed by a Sencore signal generator). The Panny may be inexpensive, but it's not cheap.

You can also look for deals in your area or online. The 42-inch Toshiba can most likely be found for much less that two grand, and the color decoders in that brand's sets are amazing for a mass-produced display.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks