What's new

Whatever happened to T3 extended cut? (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
John: I have absolutely no doubt it's a good movie. I'm fooling around because I've said far too many good things about it in the past. Some people might think I rate it with Citizen Kane or something (I do!). As it happens an hour or so ago I was looking for something else in my DVD racks and dwindled over the T2 discs. Ridiculous! I even have several empty T2 DVD cases, and don't remember how they came to be. When you have so many of something that you don't know how they got there, I call it madness.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I guess that you could call it madness, I call it devotion. ;)

BTW, I never cared for Citizen Kane, i'll watch T2 over it any day of the week and twice on Sunday. :emoji_thumbsup:

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I am widescreen or no screen, believe me. But I could have sworn that on the DVD, in a special feature, the director says something about how he prefers people watch the fullscreen version. It appears that the widescreen version was matted improperly, so it appears T3 is one of the few examples of fullscreen showing more than widescreen.

http://www.google.com/search?l=en&q=...een+fullscreen

pic

linkage

Ryan

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
A lot of "Fullscreen" movies show MORE...

The problem is that more isn't always better. The composition on releases that are "open-matte" widescreen often have a lot of dead space on the top and bottom of the screen where it is intended to be masked off.

GregK

Screenwriter
The "problem" is the matting is now different than the theatrical version. The aspect ratio may be the same, but many of the shot compositions have been altered.

Ah yes.. The can of worms known as Super 35 ;)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I agree greg, the matting is definitely off in this case, which raises a whole bunch of questions about which version is more accurate.

Tiago_J

Stunt Coordinator
There's this petition with more info about the proposed "Terminator 3.5".

http://www.petitiononline.com/t850/

If you're able to overlook the propaganda-like speech you'll still notice how it sounded quite ambitious. A few more details were published in thearnoldfans.com but I can't find them right now.

Rolando

Screenwriter
%*&@ Super 35!

I hate those compromising bitches. look shoot for fullscreen if you want to or have the balls to make it widescreen and stick to it (my preference) but not both. just makes it confusing for the world AND no one has the definitive version.

stupidity just irks me...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks