What's new

What would you recommend??? (1 Viewer)

asi_a

Agent
I'm helping out a friend of mine put together a projection system for his conference room at his business and wanted to ask what would be the ideal projector for his room. The room is about 26'Lx16'W with 9' ceilings and is kind of a bright room. Would he have to worry more about the lumens or contract? or both? if this was your room which projector would you go with?

I just put together a home theater using a Sanyo PLV-Z2 in a very dark room running HD on a 133" screen with a gain of 1.0 and the picture is amazing, i never thought it would be this clean of a picture. Thanks in advance for your help.

Asi

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
For a conference, lumens outweighs contrast. A data type projector will do fine, one with a 4x3 aspect ratio and not 16x9 native.

asi_a

Agent
Sorry if i didnt make myself clear but although it is a conference room the projector will mostly be used for movie watching. Would you still recommend a data type projector? I know he's got his heart set on HDTV format. I think the Infocus X2 should do the job but is it recommended for HD viewing or would you go a different rout? Thanks for your help guys.

Asi

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Well, if he is going to use it for both than you might want to see if there are any X1's hanging around anyplace still. If not than I think the next best thing would be the Benq 6100 or even better the 6200. They are bright projectors with the white segment in the color wheel so the are "technicaly" buisness projectors but when the in low power and "theater mode" the white segment gets blocked out and it looks excellent for home theater purposes. My buddy had a 6200 and it looked GREAT for HT. I will say though that they are 2x wheel speed and raindows may be an issue. Another route may be the H30 from Optoma which is also a 4:3 ratio FP but has a RGBRGB color whell and is thus 4X speed. This is more meant for HT and will do....ok for buisness purposes. I can recommend some LCD's but many of the ones I know are strictly for HT and are 16:9.

asi_a

Agent
I don't think that he has a problem with having strictly HD format. I actually really believe he is doing it for watching movies rather then presentations so LCD is I guess fine but which one would you go with?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
That sounds like a nice job, watching movies in the "conference room". What is his budget? If he can't get that room dark, he will not be happy with ANY projector.

asi_a

Agent
Budget for the projector is $1500. I'm thinking if he saves money on a projector he can spend the saved money on better curtains or blind to get it darker. I see that the Infocus X1 can be bought for $700.00 would using a screen with a gain of 1.0 be right or should we go higher in gain?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks