What's new

What will the BTTF packaging be like? (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Does anyone know what the BTTF packaging will consist of? I have heard that it will be similar to the Die Hard UE set, i.e., a cardboard box with the DVD's in individual keepcases, or a fold out. I hope that it includes the keepcases. I hate the fold-out that E.T. came in. Don't want another one of those.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The R1 case will essentially be like a double alpha, but with a third "compartment" to accomodate all three movies. While I haven't seen it myself, I have heard that the 3-disc "Brotherhood of the Wolf" was released using this same type of case, although the "BTTF" case will be molded in blue plastic.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
If it's a Universal special edition, you can count on some crap cardboard design that will be damaged by the time you buy it at retail, and which won't stay closed. Add a half dozen very sticky security strips and you're all set. I haven't seen it so I could be wrong.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
There's no cardboard at all, if it's a Triple Alpha keepcase, as all artwork has thus far shown.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I like the triple Alphas. Nice and neat. Takes up little room. I see that 7 disc capacity keep cases are produced. Could come in handy for certain TV shows etc.
God knows what Fox/Luacasfilm will use for Star Wars IV-V-VI...
The region 2 boxed set of Curse Of Frank, Horror Of Drac, The Mummy is neat and stylish. It is a cardboard clamcase with triple fold-out press-to-release holders. Grrreat. :emoji_thumbsup:
Packaging is an important factor in a quality DVD edition of a great film. It's a shame when the transfer of a great is great, the extras are great, but the packaging is cheap, and naff and does not reflect the spirit of the film. Criterion rarely get it wrong. But Columbia...
G.C.M

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Is the box wider than a double keepcase? I was hoping for a box with 3 single keepcases in the box because I still don't know if I want to keep the complete set. BTTF1 is really the only one I wanted.

Brett C

Second Unit
Personally I think the packaging on the r1 release of this set is horrid looking. Although the DVDs themselves should be good.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I just hate that blue packaging.
Wonder why??
I think it looks pretty good!
What's wrong with a little bit of color on the cases? Why should ALL titles be released in gray/black cases?
How would it be if every title came in one of these nice Grinch Green Amarays? :) **Shades might be required to view your DVD collection** ......
Link Removed
Only 49 cents ea. @ INET.
Or: would this Neon Blue be preferred for BTTF?? :) .....
Link Removed

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The blue keepcase they're using is just too damn bright. They should've used a darker blue. LOTR came in a dark green keepcase and I have no problem with that. THe grinch green is a bit too colorful IMO. Couldn't they have chosen something that wasn't this tacky?

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
It would have been cool if they had gone with a custom 3-disc digipak (is that what you call those great gatefold cases?), instead of a 3-disc Feels-like-the-disc-is-going-to-snap-in-two-when-you-try-to-take-it-out...er, I mean Alpha. I don't really care, but I just don't really like Alphas.

James L White

Supporting Actor
:rolleyes:I can't believe people worry about the COLOR of the case/art as long as no more ET 2 disc cases are used I'm happy, it could be "baby-s**t" yellow for all I care, just MHO of course.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I don't care so much about the color as I am the sturdiness. I'm pretty nice to my discs, but a sturdy case is what I'm all about, whether blue or purple.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Wonder why??
I think it looks pretty good!
What's wrong with a little bit of color on the cases? Why should ALL titles be released in gray/black cases?
It's not that so much as it's the original poster art, with most of it cropped out in crude photoshop form and then made solid blue. It doesn't really work. I don't mind bright as long as it flows with the rest of the design.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
instead of a 3-disc Feels-like-the-disc-is-going-to-snap-in-two-when-you-try-to-take-it-out...er, I mean Alpha. I don't really care, but I just don't really like Alphas.
I feel the same way about Alphas. They're okay packaging, but it just isn't reassuring when it feels like it's gonna break.

I think the main concern with cover art or color packaging has to do with what is aesthetically pleasing. I'd much rather take a film's clever poster art over some cut-and-paste job. With cases, I'd still buy something that's neon green. It may be cool, but it just doesn't look attractive.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
They should have used black instead of blue for the packaging. It would have looked sweet and classy.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ray h said...
LOTR came in a dark green keepcase and I have no problem with that.
were did he get his? all the cases for lotr i have seen are black.

and i like the bright blue for BTTF. it looks cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks