What's new

What to do with a second sub? (1 Viewer)

Charles_Cymbor

Auditioning
I have a Energy Take 5.1 system w/ a 8" sub. I recently bought a DLS-10 from parts express to supplement the bass. Now I'm wondering how I should hookup the old 8 incher.

I plan on using the line inputs for the new sub (from the sub-out on my Sony reciever). The reciever has 2 outputs for the sub so I could just hook both subs up that way.

What I thought would be cool to do would be to hook the old sub up in line with the surrounds. Only problem there is that the sub has high-level inputs but no outputs. So I guess I would have to run paralell wires from the reciever (one pair to the sub, one to the speakers). Question: If I set my sub to 'on' in the reciever does that take all the lfe out of every channel? For instance if I set my surrounds to 'large' and sub to 'on' would the lfe for the surrounds still be directed to the sub out?

I think the best (and simplest) way would be to just hook up both subs to the sub out on the reciever.

Jim_P

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Charles:

When I replaced my M&K sub with a Velodyne, I too had the delima as to what to do with the extra sub.

I thought I'd experiment with connecting it inline with the rear effect speakers. Works great there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sbaker1991
Recent bookmarks