What's new

what surrounds to use? (1 Viewer)

Scot Pritchard

Stunt Coordinator
Hi out their i have B&w cdm1nt's and a cdmct center up front but i am usind paradigm studio adps as surrounds right now. would it be a good idea to stick with those surrounds or replace them with something else? i really cant aford the matching b&w surronds right now. is their any thing else in b&w line that would work?

Gordon B

Agent
You might try the B&W LM-1. They are direct radiating, come in 5 or 6 colors, have a built in mounting bracket, and most women like their looks. They also can be put on a shelf or desktop. I paid $350, which is admittedly a little pricey, for a pair last year. They don't have much bass but the mid and treble are fine. They match well with my 7NTs and CNT. I have them mounted about 12 feet up on a wall so the dispersion is pretty good for movies, although I use them mostly for music. My Denon 4800 allows A/B switching on the surrounds; I use Polk bi/dipole FX500s for movies; they also match pretty well with the NTs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks