what surrounds to use?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scot Pritchard, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Scot Pritchard

Scot Pritchard Stunt Coordinator

Hi out their i have B&w cdm1nt's and a cdmct center up front but i am usind paradigm studio adps as surrounds right now. would it be a good idea to stick with those surrounds or replace them with something else? i really cant aford the matching b&w surronds right now. is their any thing else in b&w line that would work?

2. Gordon B

Gordon B Agent

You might try the B&W LM-1. They are direct radiating, come in 5 or 6 colors, have a built in mounting bracket, and most women like their looks. They also can be put on a shelf or desktop. I paid $350, which is admittedly a little pricey, for a pair last year. They don't have much bass but the mid and treble are fine. They match well with my 7NTs and CNT. I have them mounted about 12 feet up on a wall so the dispersion is pretty good for movies, although I use them mostly for music. My Denon 4800 allows A/B switching on the surrounds; I use Polk bi/dipole FX500s for movies; they also match pretty well with the NTs.