What's new

What song would you pick if.... (1 Viewer)

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Preface:
Music is really important to me. I have at least an hour commute, almost always on at home...

So I have had this scenario where everybody in (let's just keep it in the states for simplicity) gets to pick one song and then it is played all across the country. I don't mean on radio. I mean you walk outside and it is in the air. You can definitely hear it.
So people who want to, can pick a song and it is played. They announce your name and you get to pick a song that either represents you or whatever, but one that the whole country will hear that you picked. You get one choice, it's played once, then they move on to someone elses pick.

What would that song be?
Would it be a fun, uplifting song? Would it be some sad song for people to think about things to? Would it be a "hate the world" song? Or just a song you think says "hey this is me"?

Just ONE...

David Hobbes

Stunt Coordinator
i would pick my all time favorite song..

"Wuthering Heights" by either Kate Bush or Pat Benatar...

such a haunting and beautiful song....and i love the guitar solo from Girardo(in Benatar's version)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If I'm in a world bombarded by inescapable songs requested by others, then I'd probably choose John Cage's 4'33" :D

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'd have to go with my favorite song as well:

Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage

An odd song to be my favorite since most of my family and friends find me to be the most optimistic person they know, but the song just speaks to me on some level.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Band: The Elected
Song: Biggest Star

It's been my favorite song ever since I first heard it this past January. I love the guitar exchange, the over-the-top vocals at the end, the instrumentals...it just fuckin' rocks.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
It's funny how your favorite song, no longer becomes your favorite song once you have to listen to it over and over and over again. :D

It's not exactly my favorite song, but if I had to choose one that always played, it would be: We Want Fun: Andrew W. K.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Me too Chris.
This is a wonderful idea, even in the world I live in where quite often someone in a car near me really wants me to hear the beat of whatever they're into. :frowning:

I would settle on my favorite genre, swing. It's a wonderful happy dance music. Created to make groups of happy people. Adaptable to most any song. When my favorites were recording this music they called it "hot jazz" or "hokum" among other things.

My choice:

Ida, Sweet as Apple Cider - Milton Brown

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Wow. You know, I would have several dependant on what my mood was that day.

That having been said, my mood right now tells me:

"Winter" - Tori Amos.

But tomorrow it could just as easily be "The Boxer" (Simon & Garfunkel) or "Closer" (NiN)

:)

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Ok, Chris has me thinking. Coming out from work I want to hear Paul Simons Kodachrome. That song always lifts my spirits.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
You're Beautiful by James Blunt.

You know, because sometimes I can't hear it, like in my hyperbaric chamber, or when I am in my sealed bunker....but if it were in the air, then like, I wouldn't have to go without, you know, so, like that would be good.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Hallelujah - by John Cale.

Haunting melody and lyrics, wonderful song.

My answer would change daily I suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks