What's new

What should I put under center speaker on top of TV? (1 Viewer)

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I want to eventually put my center on a stand in front of the TV, but for now I'm stuck with it on top of the TV.

I have doorstops in the back to angle it correctly. The front of the speaker rests on the cheap little rubber feet it came with. I'm concerned that may not be the best barrier between the speaker and the top of the TV.

I assume I would want something to cut down on the vibration between the speaker and the TV? Or is there something else I should be looking at?

Any suggestions?

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
One thing to think about is the Lovan Center Channel Director. This "effectively decouples" the speaker from the television set. I have not used it, but others swear by it.
Discounts 'n' Deals has it in stock:
Link Removed

James Zos

Supporting Actor
Thanks Dave, I'll check it out. Hey, I used to live in Iowa City. You going to school there?

ken thompson

Second Unit
Someone mentioned mouse pads a while back. Hadn't thought of it before then but it sounds like its worth a try.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Try some Blue Tak. You can get it for like $3.00 a slab at CVS or Wal-Mart. It works great for that kinda stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks