What's new

What should I clean my Wega with? (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Just wondering if anyone uses any special cleaners or anything to clean their Wegas (or maybe something I should stay away from)? Thanks.
-Andre F

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Urrrrrmmm Windex? No. Do a search on this thread

"Cleaning Widescreen - Advice please"

In the Wega manual it even comments against Windex type cleaners I believe. That thread will give you all the info you need. Just sort out the tube cleaning from the projection cleaning.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
That thread in question would be located here.
And, as noted, do NOT use Windex or any other amonia-based glass cleaner. Also, WEGAs take effort to keep clean; the cabinets have venting slats on all sides, so I keep mine covered when not in use.

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Jack you might have some opinions on this:

I've always been told at work not to wipe down studio monitors/video equipment while the monitor is on. This a myth or their some resoning behind it? I've adopted that for the past five years out of habbit now but don't relly know for sure why...

Peter

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Check out that threat/thread; I shan't be using windex anytime soon!!!

Water and a soft rag is what I see in my future...

Dan

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
Damn it, I have been cleaning my TV with Windex this whole time. Does that mean I screwed up the anti-reflective coating?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Probably, Will. Your picture quality will not be affected, but you're going to have problems with glare and room reflections.

Peter: When a monitor or display is turned on, the electromagnetic field and static electricity will hamper the proper cleaning of the screen. Always clean a direct-view screen when the set is in standby mode (i.e., "off").

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks