What's new

What multiswitch do I need? (1 Viewer)

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
I have this elliptical dish (24x18) and (2) dual output LNB's (one for 101 & one for 119). The current multiswitch has LNB (2) A & (2) B inputs, plus 2 outputs. Each LNB has (2) coaxial cables and all (4) connect to the current multiswitch.
All the replacement multiswitches I see have single LNB inputs.
I only have the one Hughes HD receiver, and I only plan to add one more receiver down the road. What is the BEST multiswitch I can buy?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You have a 4x2 multi-switch. Those are rare with an eliptical dish. You are OK if you are going to add a single tuner receiver. If you are adding DirecTivo or Ultimate TV, then you need a 4x4 multi-switch. Parts Express carries the TrunkLine model. I've also read where you can get similar models on Ebay for around $50. Just look for 4x4 or 5x4 types.
-Robert

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
I was mainly concerned about my current multiswitch MHz rating. Is 50 - 1450MHz acceptable or should I have a 2200MHz multiswitch?

Do you need to reconfigure the dish reception when you change the multiswitch?

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hi,

Thought I'd resurrect this thread, rather than start a new one:

My current situation:

Regular dish (no locals or HD here) with dual LNB. One LNB cable runs to my living room. The other runs to my basement (Home Theater). I want to run another cable to my bedroom and use a standalone DirecTV reciever that I already have. There is also the potential that I may want to run to an additional bedroom in the future.

What kind of multiswitch do I need/should I get?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks