What's new

What movie is that quote from? (1 Viewer)

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
About 6-7 Years ago, I had a WAV file which I believe is a sound byte from a movie which I loved to use as a Windows Startup Sound. Anyone could tell me what movie it's from?

It goes like this:

"You think you're funny huh? [Shotgun Pump],[Gun Fire] Fuck You! [Shotgun Pump],[Gun Fire] Fuck You, you piece of shit!"

It has to be older than 1995 because I believe that is the year I downloaded it from a dialup BBS way back then. And later lost it in a HD Crash.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
The thing is, I doubt I'd actually saw the movie in question so that makes things more difficult. I wonder if anyone else got ahold of that WAV file.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Actually, I'm 99% certain that it's from "True Romance". Is there any loud techno music in the background of the clip? Does it sound anything like Christian Slater? Because, this definitely sounds like the scene when Clarence goes to pay Drexl a visit.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
I agree with those above, it sounds like it's from True Romance if I remember correctly. But I can also picture Bill Paxton saying it to an Alien in Aliens.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Martin, was it a Montreal BBS, by any chance?

It just hit me now, but back in those days, I was dialing up to several BBSs, and uploading/downloading sound clips from movies a lot. I actually remember having recorded that particular clip from True Romance. Also, it is very probable that I uploaded it to a BBS, so that may have been the same sound clip that I recorded!! :laugh: :laugh:

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Um, Slater doesn't use a shotgun in True Romance that I recall. When he shoots Oldman it's with his pistol

Oldman uses the shotgun earlier, but he doesn't say those lines. He goes into his attack from his "let's say this gat is some fine bitch. And you're you...[blam]" or dialog close to that.

Is there another shotgun scene in the film (beyond the final shoot out which might have one of every sort of gun)?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
By memory, I think Patricia Arquette uses one against Gandolfini. I'm fairly sure the quote might be from this scene.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
"You think you're funny huh? [Shotgun Pump],[Gun Fire] Fuck You! [Shotgun Pump],[Gun Fire] Fuck You, you piece of shit!"
I'm almost certain this was Michael Douglas, while addressing Congress, in The American President (1995). :D

(A lot of you guys might not have this version however. Mine is Rob Reiner's Director's Cut, which also contains an alternate ending: Martin Sheen, as Chief-Of-Staff, plots to do away with Douglas, and then creates his own White House-related weekly series.)

LennyP

Supporting Actor
True Romance - as Christian Slater unloads a few caps into Gary Oldman.
As most said, it's from True Romance only not Christian Slater but Patricia Arquette as she shoots Gandolfini with a vengeance after he beat her up real well.

P.S. That link is a PoS and doesn't work. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks