What's new

What is your favorite YouTube video? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i like the "battle at Kruger" clip.
i dont think i have ever seen anything like it before.
very rare event captured on film.
here

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i was going to later on.
i just wanted to get it in the topic.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yeah, i dont watch the stuff with animals killing other animals.
too many of my own pets in the house, cant deal with the death of wild ones either.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
TonyD said:
yeah, i dont watch the stuff with animals killing other animals.
too many of my own pets in the house, cant deal with the death of wild ones either.
I agree. I know it's part of nature and "only the strong survive" but I can't watch that stuff either.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Ed Moxley said:
This one is great!

Come on folks. I know some of you watch YouTube videos.......... :)
You do know that this isn't just some random guy with an amazing voice don't you....? He's been exposded as an opera singer and has been in several operas etc...great voice, but not much of a big deal knowing his is indeed a trained singer.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Alf S said:
You do know that this isn't just some random guy with an amazing voice don't you....? He's been exposded as an opera singer and has been in several operas etc...great voice, but not much of a big deal knowing his is indeed a trained singer.
No, I hadn't heard that. Where did you get that info?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like a phone salesman with a talent and the passion to pursue it to me. His self-financed traning doesn't make his story any less extraordinary to me.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Isn't The Sun, like the National Enquirer? A rag paper? One of those that says E.T. raped my great grandmother? I did a search for Paul's name, after the post about being trained, and after quite a few pages, finally saw the LiveLeak.com page.
It would seem to me, that if it's true, and everyone was so outraged, there would be a LOT more about it. Seems like it would be all over the internet, instead of having to dig so deep to find something about it. Even if he has had some training, if he's no professional, he still deserves the recognition.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
In about 2 seconds on Google I find the info about Paul Potts the amateur opera star...

Here's one Wiki write up:

Quote:

Paul Potts

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Nessun dorma[/URL]", which impressed the judges and received a standing ovation from the audience of 2,000 people. Potts' rendition of this has currently been viewed on video upload site YouTube tens of millions of times and exists among Youtube's all-time most viewed videos.
In the semi-final on June 14, 2007, Potts performed main verses of "Con te partirò" with praise from the audience and judges. He progressed to the final after receiving the highest public vote in that show.[11] He performed a full-length "Nessun dorma" for his final on June 17, 2007 as well as an encore after he won the competition. Potts defeated co-favourite with the bookmakers, Connie Talbot and received the highest public vote out of 2 million votes cast to win Britain's Got Talent, winning the chance to perform at Royal Variety Performance in front of the Queen.
In the United States, he was profiled on a National Public Radio programme called "Day to Day" on Friday June 15, 2007. NPR is a non-commercial network that reaches several million people every day in the U.S. On Monday, June 18, 2007, a commercial US Television network, NBC, highlighted Potts's victory on its broadcast network's NBC Nightly News and on its Cable news outlet MSNBC. Then on Thursday, June 21, 2007 he appeared live on NBC's programme Today.
During the programme there was some controversy[12]as to the 'undiscovered' nature of Potts' talent, who was portrayed on the show as simply a mobile phone salesman, whereas he had in fact appeared in four amateur opera productions and in a concert for the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra[8] and had plans for a summer tour with the Orchestra.[8] Potts responded to his critics saying that he had not claimed to be completely untutored, but had never performed any concert for pay, and was therefore amateur, and that the lessons he had received in Italy he had paid for from his own savings.[2]
On July 8, 2007, Potts performed at a Katherine Jenkins' concert at Margam Park, "Katherine In The Park". Jenkins extended an invitation for him to sing his rendition of "Nessun Dorma" at the concert.[13] On July 16, 2007, his debut album "One Chance" was released in UK, and on July 22, 2007, the album claimed the number one spot of BBC's Top 40 Album chart.

Personal life

Potts has been married since 2003 to Julie-Anne, whom he met in an Internet chat room. His remarkable rise to worldwide popularity may be attributed to his humble demeanor and "rags to riches" success. Sites, such as The Paul Potts Story,[14] have been created to discuss the human interest side of Paul Potts and why his story is so poignant to the people.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
...oh and yes there is no doubt he is talented...it's just not QUITE as "amazing" as one would think if he were indeed just some guy off the street who worked at a cellphone store AND had an AMAZING natural hidden talent like this....instead though he indeed has trained and performed in the opera before.

PhillJones

Second Unit
Ed Moxley said:
Isn't The Sun, like the National Enquirer? A rag paper? One of those that says E.T. raped my great grandmother?
They're not really the same sort of thing. The Sun claims to be a real newspaper, although many of their 'stories' are apocryphal celebrity gossip. They don't make up obviously nonsence stuff just for a laugh like supermarket tabloids do. They're low brow, highly political, and owned by the new proprietor of the Wall Street Journal.
They're a lot like the Boston Herald, and so I presume, other local newspapers with highly aggressive, politically minded editors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks