What's new

What is the OAR of Return of the Killer Tomatoes? (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I saw an early copy of it today locally (it's due out Tuesday) for only $9.99. I was planning on buying it sight-unseen, but when I turned it over, it said it was a "full frame presentation," and I'll only buy it if it's OAR, so can someone please tell me what the OAR of the film is? Thanks.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I'm not sure if the film ever got a theatrical release of any sort. If it was released direct-to-video, I suppose its original aspect ratio would be 1.37:1-ish. The number of 'dollar movie' gags strewn throughout lead me to believe that it was intended, at least, to get a theatrical release.

For $10, I would suggest not passing up Return of the Killer Tomatoes, even if it does turn out to be MAR. I absolutely adore this movie. The lack of supplemental material is a bit of a disappointment, though. Around five years ago, I put together a Killer Tomatoes web page on a whim (amazingly, it was the first, as well), and I heard from several enthusiastic people involved with the series. I'm sure Costa Dillon at the very least would've contributed a commentary, if contacted.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
This WAS shown in theaters; I remember there being a midnight showing of it at the Davis Cinema 2 (may it Rest In Peace.)

The 2 other sequels (Strike Back and Eat France) I suspect were straight-to-video however, as they don't have a rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks