What's new
World Wide Stereo

What is the best reciever for 100W/ch? (1 Viewer)

Paul S

Stunt Coordinator
If you are asking what is the most amp you can get for your money, i.e. most watts/features then Panasonic beats the competition by a country mile. $300.00 will buy you an excellent Panasonic amp that is highly reliable and sounds as good as any.

Incidentally, I wouldn't be too quick to cut down Panasonic equipment since their parent company Matsushita probably made more than a few of the electronic components that are in your equipment, no matter what the brand. (resistors/capacitors/transformers etc.) They are a major global supplier of electronic components/equipment.

728x90

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
Not true. I previously had a Kenwood receiver (VR-615) from one of their HTiB sets. Kenwood's stated power output was 100watts into 6 channels (6th channel was for the subwoofer). Real world output was probably only about half that.

I upgraded to the Pioneer VSX-D912K for $300. Pioneer's stated output is 110watts into 6 channels at 1%THD. It can drive a full 80watts into 5 channels at .05%THD. I noticed a very nice improvement in the overall sound and a very large improvement in the power output and reserves over the Kenwood. Their new 814K can be had for the same price (loses automatic MCACC but gains 192KHz/24-bit DAC's).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliedisdisusa
Recent bookmarks