What's new

What is tempvt.exe? (1 Viewer)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Last week while doing some clean-up I found a file called tempvt.exe, in a temp folder (not my system temp folder, but one I created for other stuff). Since I couldn't figure out what it was, I did a google search, and came up with a number of possibilities, including it being a HP scanner driver (uh-uh), or even a virus (not likely). I have a screen shot of the properties page so you can see the icon. There are no copyright messages or other text strings in the .exe file--I looked. It's about 28K in size.
I figure it is something I downloaded but forgot about, but I have no clue as to what it is. I don't even recognize the icon, but it certainly isn't a HP icon, such as if it was a scanner driver. I scanned it with Norton, Mcafee, and AdAware but nothing malicious was detected. Anyone on here have any ideas?
Here's the icon:

Thanks... KJP

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Brent - that was it! Thanks!

Now I don't know how the heck it got on my PC in the first place. I don't have a HP scanner, so I woulnd't have downloaded it deliberately. Maybe it's a loader for other stuff too. And that isn't a HP logo either. At least it's not a virus.

KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks